Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't deal with these people anymore (rant)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm. Next time, use a British accent, like that guy does in Down to Earth. Snooty people trust people with British Accents. (And no offense to our English people!)

As for your few last ones. Please don't tell me people really belive you'd be nice enough to cancel other peoples reservations so they can get a room.

Also, explain the logic

You: No rooms. Sorry.
    SC: Just give me a room you hold for the emergices

I mean huh? I thought no rooms meant NO VACINES.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Man I am so jealous right now that you guys are having a nice steak, hopefully done on an outdoor BBQ, and I am stuck in a very wet and cold sydney.

But still, at the hotel that I worked at when we have 4 weddings going and are fully book, no we are not going to bump another guest so that your drunk ass can stay at the hotel to party into the wee hours of the night and disturb our other guests who actually bothered to book in advance. Sorry you just plain fail.

Now after that Forensic Waitress sits in a corner to drink her booze and watch the rain on the window. Sigh.
      Am I sad because I am looking forward to the day when the people I will be dealing with will no longer be able to talk back?

Comment

Next time let them know that in Montana, a 3-star hotel starts at 119 this time of year. Places in Wyoming are 169/night. So, you are right, that rate you quoted was normal!
        When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Quoth Forensic Waitress View Post
          Man I am so jealous right now that you guys are having a nice steak, hopefully done on an outdoor BBQ, and I am stuck in a very wet and cold sydney.
          well, if it makes you feel better, I could give you some of my left over stroganoff from last night... it's an old family recipe (which surprisingly is one of the few things I can cook well). Or for that matter make you up a nice new batch, I find it goes extremely well on cold and rainy days (and on hot and dry days... and everything in between)... the only thing that would make it better is if I could get my hands on some good Gewurstameiner or Reisling (why yes, I am 3/4 german decent, why do you ask )
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Forensic Waitress View Post
            We'll fly you out to Atlanta or Bush International here in Houston and take you with us then! Road trip!

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
            the only thing that would make it better is if I could get my hands on some good Gewurstameiner or Reisling (why yes, I am 3/4 german decent, why do you ask )
            ....I love you.

(I'm one part german, one part polish and the rest are pasty white do it doesn't matter! )
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Yes, we hold rooms for people who need them immediately. You know, the people that might not exist. We refuse money from real people right now because imaginary people might show up later and need the room "more."
              Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Ah, the no vacancy sign.

Dude: Do you have vacancy?
                Me: I'm sorry, no. (Thinking: Did you miss the sign?!)
                D: Are you sure?
                Me: Actually, YES! I do! I was just making sure you weren't a Zombie first, seeing as we don't want to cater to monster that would eat my brains.
                D: Really?
                Me: No, go away.
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Ugh. That drives me nuts. When I tell someone a flight is sold out and they ask:

"Is it really?"

Me: No, not really. The airlines are in the business of saying flights are sold out when they really aren't. They would rather sell 50 seats than 120.

'Course - that's what I *wish* I could say.

I have last room availablility for most hotels in my GDS systems. I've explained this concept to people that want me to call the hotel after I've said it's sold out. If they persist, I place them on hold and pretend to call the hotel.

Am I a dream travel agent, or what?
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
                    Yes, we hold rooms for people who need them immediately. You know, the people that might not exist. We refuse money from real people right now because imaginary people might show up later and need the room "more."
                    actually some hotels do...
                    the hotel I night audit at always holds 5 rooms for distressed passengers... and in some sense we do turn away real people in exchange for imaginary people... but if we do give out those rooms and the airport sends us a distressed passenger that we can't accommodate we get removed from the airport lodging system and we will never receive distressed passenger business (at least not that is referred to us by airport services). And we are willing to sacrifice those 5 rooms because there are nights when we'd otherwise be damn near empty that a storm will cause cancellations (not here of course, our airport almost never closes, but that doesn't stop other airports from closing and preventing the plane to get here) and they'll send us a buttload of customers... customers we wouldn't get if we irritated them by giving away their rooms.

and yes Peppergirl, you are officially my favorite travel agent
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

you can tell them they could pay $150 a night for a MAYBE 200 square foot room in a 30 year old, not updated trailer that was used to house the men who built the trans alaska pipeline in Coldfoot, Alaska

Comment

Working...
                      X