This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to crash Minecraft

Hey guys! Sorry all my posts are in here and I'm not adding to the good ole CS spirit but few jobs plus school plus big trip planned equals not many opportunities. Now to why you might be going "HOW THE HECK DOES ONE DO THAT?" Feel free to add other ideas/experiences to this.
    1. Use creative mode to spawn between 9,000 and 10,500 blocks of TNT and set it off. Took me an additional 20 minutes to get it playable again. And that's how I crashed my game of MineCraft......for the second time.
    ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

2. Voltz alternative- Use creative mode to spawn in various explosives. I like a combo of Thermobaric and Exothermic. Set them off, repeat until eventual server crash. If done right, you should achieve maximum server overload within five minutes.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
      2. Voltz alternative- Use creative mode to spawn in various explosives. I like a combo of Thermobaric and Exothermic. Set them off, repeat until eventual server crash. If done right, you should achieve maximum server overload within five minutes.
      Nice one lol

Comment

My Voltz server is perhaps the only time I've ever intentionally crashed a server. XD I've had a few accidental ones, though. Mostly because my game is twitchy as hell whenever I use a texturepack that isn't the default.
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
          My Voltz server is perhaps the only time I've ever intentionally crashed a server. XD I've had a few accidental ones, though. Mostly because my game is twitchy as hell whenever I use a texturepack that isn't the default.
          XD I just got bored and was like "there's a village, the people are annoying, I need to make it go away, to the far side of Neptune if possible" so I did. The villagers just threw back a postcard and they say, while it's cold it is fun XD

Comment

Install an old version of Quarry Plus then apply a fully enchanted Laser Plus to a laser grid. Took out my save file in the process.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
              Install an old version of Quarry Plus then apply a fully enchanted Laser Plus to a laser grid. Took out my save file in the process.
              Ouch >.< That sucks

Comment

I did something similar trying to blow up Obsidion (Apparently, it IS possible, but requires an unholy amount of TNT). I have no idea how much TNT I used. I can tell you that I encased everything in Bedrock, then put one block of Obsidion in the middle. Then I used redstone circuitry to make sure most of the TNT from the outside (meaning the layer after the wall of the Bedrock cube that encased this entire mess) exploded at the same time. Not only did my game crash, my computer was frozen for a good five minutes and my save of that particular world was corrupted. Should have figured my computer is crap and can't handle redstone (flashing redstone is even worse) or TNT, much less both at the same time. I'm tempted to try it again once I get a proper gaming computer.
                Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
                  I did something similar trying to blow up Obsidion (Apparently, it IS possible, but requires an unholy amount of TNT). I have no idea how much TNT I used. I can tell you that I encased everything in Bedrock, then put one block of Obsidion in the middle. Then I used redstone circuitry to make sure most of the TNT from the outside (meaning the layer after the wall of the Bedrock cube that encased this entire mess) exploded at the same time. Not only did my game crash, my computer was frozen for a good five minutes and my save of that particular world was corrupted. Should have figured my computer is crap and can't handle redstone (flashing redstone is even worse) or TNT, much less both at the same time. I'm tempted to try it again once I get a proper gaming computer.
                  Then I hope you get that computer soon so you can tell us.

Comment

My partner did a 100 x 100 block of TNT and tried to set it off.

He took out his game in the process.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                      My partner did a 100 x 100 block of TNT and tried to set it off.

He took out his game in the process.
                      I think that was close to my dimensions then did 2 layers I'll have to count it today.

Comment

Back when the Technic Pack was first a thing and people didn't know about all the things it'll do to kill a server, I made a massive base FILLED with machines that automated everything: cobblestone generation, UU Matter generation, everything. All of it was interconnected by a giant series of pipes with engines, so that if you came anywhere near my area you would see thousands of different "gubbins" being transported from one machine to the next in order to keep them all going.

The server eventually reset and a hard limit on machines was put into effect...mainly because going anywhere near my section of the map would cause an instant lag spike that would delay everyone's actions for at least a minute, and if you stayed there too long the server would die and need a reboot.

But I could make a new diamond in about 30 seconds...

Edit: Oh yeah, we had Equivalent Exchange on too, and that was part of my machine process. While I wish EE worked well on MP servers, it really did murder the hell out of every one I tried that on
                        "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                        "What IS fun to fight through?"
                        "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Resonant Rise is a bit weak in the performance department, but earlier on (before IC2 was removed) it looked like a fairly viable pack to replace FTB Unleashed. Personally I woulda just kept the FTB world, but the guy who owns the hardware is all "Ooh shiny!" so we rerolled.

It took us less than a week to figure out we could crash the server just by exploring using Dartcraft's Wing enchant. No one did it *intentionally*, but 3 of the 4 original players were heavy Dartcraft users. Needless to say....lots-o-crashes, particularly once we got a couple interesting Ages up and running to be explored.
                          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

ATotBT server... my minions still had the bug where they sometimes mined full chests. I had about 20 full double chests and about 10 3/4 full. Saint still doesn't fully talk to me since we had to do a rewind on the server and she lost her castle.

Comment

Working...
                            X