This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fundraising Websites

I'm planning on doing a fundraiser soon and I'd like to use a website to track pledges and such. I could always just do a excel spreadsheet but I figured if it's on a website and looks more professional, people are more likely to not just ignore my posts.

For those who don't know, I bowl (That's probably 99% of you). My winter average was ~186. I'm rocking a 196 in one of my summer leagues. So yea, I'm decent at bowling. In one of the summer leagues I'm doing right now, they give us coupons for three free games each week. This past week, I got three coupons (Not sure why but okay) so I'm up to 15 games. I figure if I can just average even 175 which is doable, that's 2,625 pins. My goal is to get people to donate at least $0.01 per pin (USD). Though I'll happily take whatever people are willing to donate.

My cause is going to be the EOD Warrior Foundation. The charity helps out EOD members who have been injured in combat, EOD families in need, and the EOD memorial. This charity means a lot to me. I work with explosives for a living and became very close to the EOD community when I was in Afghanistan working as a contractor. I continue to make many friends in the EOD community through work.

Honestly, I have no idea how much money I'll actually make. Every dollar can make a difference in someone's life.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Anything charity-related needs to be run past Rapscallion. I'll pass a note on to him for ya
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      Anything charity-related needs to be run past Rapscallion. I'll pass a note on to him for ya
      I'm not asking for charity from members of CS. I'm just explaining what I'm doing and asking for help on how to actually do it.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Ah, I couldn't quite tell from the way it was phrased

Cool, then ^_^

EDIT : Heard back from Raps. He's cool with it -- it's OK to link to their site/your project if you like, just drop it in Check It Out ^_^
        Last edited by EricKei; 06-08-2014, 01:36 PM.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X