This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    Starting to somewhat regret the purchase of this calendar. I thought I'd be getting helpful household tips, not the "how to be a douchebag" playbook. Today's tip:

If you find hair in your food and send it back to the kitchen, heavily salt it to make sure you got a new order.
    I don't think that's a douche tip, it's just a way of testing whether you get the same plate back or not...

Comment

What is a restaurant SUPPOSED to do with food that's sent back due to a hair? Also, how is it handled when the hair doesn't match the server or BOH staff, but does match the customer who sent it back? For example, server is blonde, chef is bald, assistant has short dark hair, customer has long dark hair - and a long dark hair is found in the food.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Starting to somewhat regret the purchase of this calendar. I thought I'd be getting helpful household tips, not the "how to be a douchebag" playbook. Today's tip:

If you find hair in your food and send it back to the kitchen, heavily salt it to make sure you got a new order.
        Realistically speaking that one sounds a little more "doable" as in --- This means that the kitchen will not just take the hair out of your food, wait a few minutes, warm the plate up slightly and send the same plate right back out. This really only works IF you have not eaten anything off your plate.

YES there are places out there that will do just that.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I'd like to add a sensible life hack: if you're new to an area and want to know where to eat, things to do, exc, find a mid-price hotel and ask the front desk staff (only when it isnt busy). We know local attractions you won't find by googling.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Explicitly against the rules for both pizza chains(Dice & Daddy J) I've worked for. Might be allowed at a small shop, depending on circumstances. When I was at the small shop, I wouldn't do it.

In my experience, many drivers don't notify their insurance they're driving for profit. I'd have to dig up the info, but they had a special additional policy for delivery drivers that was pro-rated based on hours. That policy covered me while working, regular insurance took over when I wasn't. I had to pay my insurance monthly at the local agent by giving them my driving log and they'd figure out my bill. One of the things stated with my insurance policy was that I was not allowed to have passengers unless they were co-workers AND we were both on the clock.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
              YES there are places out there that will do just that.
              Something like this happened at Friendly's once when I was a kid, and I was there with my parents. I had ordered a plain hamburger. Shortly before the food came out, our server came back and told me that they had put mayo on my burger by accident, and asked if that was OK. Now, there are a lot of foods that I don't like. Some of those, I don't care for them, but I can get them down. Others, I'll start gagging as soon as I taste them. For me, mayo is one of the latter. So naturally, I said it wasn't OK.

When our food came out, it was obvious that they tried to give me the same burger they messed up, as evidenced by the half-assed job they did of wiping off the offending condiment. I didn't want to cause any trouble, but my parents even told me to say something. So I had them make me a new burger.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

So this calendar was basically written by opinion advice columnists who have never worked anywhere else and fell asleep during ethics courses?

PLEASE tell me you didn't pay for this crap.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth BearLeeBadenaugh View Post
                  Explicitly against the rules for both pizza chains(Dice & Daddy J) I've worked for. Might be allowed at a small shop, depending on circumstances. When I was at the small shop, I wouldn't do it.
                  This is also true of most places. once the customer has touched the food, if it is returned it either gets bagged up and frozen for later examination (say in the case of hair(s) on the food) or chucked directly in the trash.

In my experience, many drivers don't notify their insurance they're driving for profit. I'd have to dig up the info, but they had a special additional policy for delivery drivers that was pro-rated based on hours. That policy covered me while working, regular insurance took over when I wasn't. I had to pay my insurance monthly at the local agent by giving them my driving log and they'd figure out my bill. One of the things stated with my insurance policy was that I was not allowed to have passengers unless they were co-workers AND we were both on the clock.
                  At least in my state there is ONLY one major insurer that allows pizza delivery using normal ordinary car insurance. ALL other insurers policies have a rider that forbid the owner from using said vehicle in ANY commercial activity. In order to really be legal you have to purchase commercial or business insurance which increase your premimums by 2X to 4X the normal cost. There is one national company that will retroactively cancel (especially if you are involved in an accident your fault or NOT) your policy if it is found you are doing pizza delivery.

I just threw up my hands and got the commercial policy. It still does not cover livery activities.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth BearLeeBadenaugh View Post
                    A Chicagoland chain (one which shares a name with my mother, interestingly) gave my pick up order to someone else and pitched it when the pizza was returned. The SM said that would be a liability issue.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I just bought a car to use for work. When I went to get the insurance for it my agent asked if I was "going to be transporting clients" in it. I told her no and she made me sign a paper that stated that I wasn't and that anyone that was paying me for a ride wouldn't be covered while in my car. I thought it was weird at first until I thought about it later and realized why she asked me that.

Comment

Working...
                      X