This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes. Poop stinks

I've never worked anywhere before where there are so many "rules" about the bathroom. When I started, years ago, on my tour of the facility, I was informed that the upstairs bathroom was for number 1 only, and if I had to go number 2, I had to walk down stairs and use that bathroom. In another facility, one guy who worked there said he was supposed to notify his coworkers that he was crapping so they could make sure and open a window if they needed. The bathroom was 30 feet away.

I've just moved facilities. In this bathroom, there is a sign that instructs the user to spray something called "poopouri" (there is none in the bathroom at the moment, so I haven't seen it) before going number two, and then thanks you for "respecting your coworkers nostril's". From my understanding, there was a much bigger sign before, but management removed it.

I get it. poop stinks. No one wants to smell it. I've never worked at a place that makes such a big deal out of it though. Especially, since I've worked here, I've seen some grown adults completely trash the bathroom, with shit around the upper rim of the toilet seat, men missing the bowl, or the one girl who would hover and leave drops all over the seat. So lets not worry about the mess. Lets have a fit about the smell.

Just one of those weird workplace things.

A separate bathroom for #1 &#2? I'll say this...when u gotta go #2 & you have to go bad, you don't have time to figure out which "proper" bathroom to use. You just GO!! For them to do that it somehow seems a bit on the disturbing side.

Comment

Quoth April View Post
      In another facility, one guy who worked there said he was supposed to notify his coworkers that he was crapping so they could make sure and open a window if they needed.
      Just...NO. Hostile work environment. No one should be called out like that.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Wow, that's super creepy. Poop does smell. So does urine, especially when people are on medication. Deal with it. There's a CW of mine who I swear saves up to go at the beginning of her shift. She is often the opening cashier, and at times someone else has to cover the registers since she'll clocked in, but in the bathroom. However, bathroom time can't be regulated, and otherwise she's a good, reliable employee. Anyway, they sound like big whiners.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          There's a CW of mine who I swear saves up to go at the beginning of her shift.
          Reminds me of a brief Steel Magnolias exchange.

M'Lynn: ...Where's your father? [confused look]
          Son: His coffee kicked in.

My coffee always kicks in 5 minutes before I have to leave to catch the bus.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
            A separate bathroom for #1 &#2? I'll say this...when u gotta go #2 & you have to go bad, you don't have time to figure out which "proper" bathroom to use. You just GO!! For them to do that it somehow seems a bit on the disturbing side.
            Dunno about this site, but at the health professions lab at campus i go to one of the bathrooms wasn't plumbed right, so no #2's are allowed in that one because solids will back it up!
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I gotta say, Poopourri is FANTASTIC. A few spritzes on the water and there is virtually no bad smell. I keep it in my bathroom at home, and in my purse. The idea is that the scented oil coats the poo as it enters the water to help contain the bad smells.

It took my husband several weeks to figure it that it wasn't an air freshener. He would spray it into the air and after weeks and weeks of wondering how much he was using to make the fragrance so strong, I asked him how many sprays he was using on the water. He looked very confused before admitting he doesn't think it works because it doesn't freshen the air. He gets it now. Ha!

Comment

This...could be an OSHA violation if you're in the US. OSHA regs require a certain number of potties per a certain number of employees, and that they be "available" to employees. Restricting the use of one of them to a certain function could mean your workplace isn't in compliance with regs. Info here: https://www.shrm.org/hrdisciplines/s...oom-rules.aspx
                Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 03-17-2016, 02:05 PM.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Sigh,

I sympathise with the guy mentioned above. At my last place, I had to poop. God knows I try and avoid it and/or to the point of bingeing on Immodium.

So I went (downstairs) and after I finished, flushed and freshened, I went upstairs to be called in to the financial director's office (upstairs) where I was scolded for having a poo. Her office was directly above the toilet.

She thought the drains had backed up and it's only when one of the engineers mentioned that I was in the toilet that she realised.

I can't tell you how bad I felt.
                  There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
                    I gotta say, Poopourri is FANTASTIC. A few spritzes on the water and there is virtually no bad smell. I keep it in my bathroom at home, and in my purse. The idea is that the scented oil coats the poo as it enters the water to help contain the bad smells.
                    How well might this work for someone who has perfume/fragrance sensitivity issues? I know I've mentioned before on here about my mom and nobody wanting to use the bathroom after her, so I'm always looking for tactful solutions to this.

Comment

OP has made an inaccurate generalization. Just ask Corporate - THEIR shit doesn't stink.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Nemesis44UK View Post
                        where I was scolded for having a poo. Her office was directly above the toilet.
                        That should never, ever happen. It makes me really angry, at the point where I want to go shout at this woman. And I'm not above using graphic language to get my point across. I once defended myself using the word hemorrhage.

Comment

Just to clarify, these so-called rules were not in place by a supervisor or anything, these were coworkers implementing these.

I hate, with a passion, using a bathroom in a public place. All of these rules made it that much more difficult

Comment

Quoth April View Post
                            Just to clarify, these so-called rules were not in place by a supervisor or anything, these were coworkers implementing these.

I hate, with a passion, using a bathroom in a public place. All of these rules made it that much more difficult
                            Really, CWs? Screw that. Use whichever one you want. I'm the one at my work who throws away passive aggressive notes (leaving multiple notes telling people to do their own dishes will NOT help), so I'd continue to throw those notes away, also. If possible bring the notes up with management, I don't think this can be a real rule.

Part of the reason so many people hate going to the bathroom away from home is other people's reactions. We all do it, I really don't get the whole issue. Not saying it's great fun to walk into a particularly stinky bathroom, but it's kinda the nature of poo, why make a big deal about it.
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth April View Post
                              Not me! Heh heh.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X