Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really use my "pockets" for much (stupid women's pants) but I have a keyring clipped to my belt buckle and my phone in my back pocket when it isn't charging. During my commute my pepper spray lives in my coat pocket.
    Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 03-25-2016, 10:19 PM.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Wallet, keys, change, spare eyeglasses, and a little bitty flashlight.

On my belt, however, I keep my phone, extra keys and a Leatherman.

Comment

On my person: d-ring with keys, swiss army knife, chapstick, e-cig, vicks snort stick, wallet, misc change, comb and cell.

in my laptop bag: lactaid, clariton, advil, halls, 3 kinds of sunflower seeds, 2 led flashlights, 4 jumpdrives, usb harddrive, several usb cables, 4 rockstar rehabs, 2 lipton brisks, and a small can of pringles.
        This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
        my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Safe keys, pens, insurance shortcut notebook, phone, wallet. And usually a couple of receipts I have forgotten to throw out.

Comment

Locker Keys, tube of Carmex, and a fine point pen.
            "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

My razor knife, Sharpie (my "Sharpei" from the Chinese visitors to my factory stays home), pen in the left front, cell phone in the right cargo and usually some Halls throat lozenges in the left cargo pocket.

Comment

cell phone
                personal car keys
                wallet
                keys to vehicles on the lot (i work at a car dealership now)

thats it, really
                If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

2 pens
                  2 mobiles (my phone and work phone)
                  Key cards
                  Possibly a third pen from another agency

This is only because I can wear jeans this week.
                  "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

Four pens.
                    Locker key.
                    Lip balm.
                    Hand cream.
                    Cutter.
                    Random bits of paper.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

In my last two jobs (both working on shop floor in retail) nothing except my inhaler and a mobile phone (with permission) when my sister was in hospital.

When I'm not working my coat pockets have two sets of keys and a trolley token in them, sometimes money I've chucked in there and forgotten about. Everything else lives in my handbag and the craft bag I often take with me places.
                      Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Keys, some cash, phone, sig 229 9mm, extra mag or two for it, small flashlight.

((I help out at a Lazer tag place that is in a very bad area and have received training.))

Comment

Now I can add cough drops, cold pills and allergy pills.

Am I turning into a druggie?
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Bardmaiden View Post
                            In my last two jobs (both working on shop floor in retail) nothing except my inhaler and a mobile phone (with permission) when my sister was in hospital.
                            That's like the policy where I work; you're only allowed to carry a phone on you if there's an emergency situation. This rule was introduced purely cuz of sucky employees; when mobiles became a thing, at first you were allowed to have a phone on your person. But then some people were abusing this rule and playing with their phones on the shop floor and in front of customers, so the rule was changed.
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

I think the 'official' policy at my place is no phones (save for managers), but you can have them if you aren't openly texting/etc. I have mine mainly to keep track of it (just because customers shouldn't be down in the locker rooms doesn't mean they don't do it) and I also check stuff for customers when possible. D once bitched at me about having my phone visible, but I was checking on a serious salad recall (CW's wife had texted him a photo of the package and I was confirming the date code)...CW then went off on D for not allowing me to ensure his kid's safety.
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth lonnolan View Post
                                Keys, some cash, phone, sig 229 9mm, extra mag or two for it, small flashlight.

((I help out at a Lazer tag place that is in a very bad area and have received training.))
                                Glad to see you received proper training - would you believe that some jurisdictions allow untrained people to carry keys, cash, phones, and flashlights?

As for places that only allow carrying a phone if there's an emergency situation, what happens if an emergency suddenly develops (i.e. employee's kid gets hit by a car while they're at work)? Employee's phone is in the "locker" (quotes because no provision for locks) room - or walking out the door because a customer got into the "locker" room, so they won't get the call, and manglement won't pass on non-work related calls to an employee who's on the clock, so they can't be reached if someone calls the store.
                                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X