This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's dance

This one may take more background than story, so sorry in advance.

We had inventory today. I had to come in early to help out. Well, the inventory people were short handed which made a lot of waiting on our end to do our part. Today was rainy and I was cranky on top of this. I did have a Snickers and it really did seem to help.

I covered the front register for lunch because I was that bored. A woman comes up buying a Visa gift card because she's trying to surprise her husband with a gift and all they have is one bank account/debit card and no credit card. Okay.

Madonna's Holiday is the current tune playing to help people spend money and this woman is singing along. She must've been really happy with getting her husband's surprise. Then she comes up with this gem. The exact words may not be exact but most of them are. "This rainy weather is good for dancing."

Um, what? I'm just thinking I want to go home and nap. I finished up her transaction and she says and this one I remember exactly. "You have a good dance day."

But damn it if that thought wasn't planted in my head. I was in the stockroom fixing it up from the inventory people when a catchy tune came on and I may have danced a bit.

Then to really make me believe dreams come true, I was asked if I wanted to go home early. Spoiler alert, I said yes. I came home and got my nap in. I'm now off for the next two days, gotta work on Easter though. Oh well.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

UNDER THE MOONLIGHT THE SERIOUS MOONLIGHT

/still can't believe David Bowie is really gone.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Why not have a little fun? Keep dancing!

Comment

Put on your red shoes and dance the blues?
        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I need to dance more at work.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

Neither can I. I know he has, but when I try to really think about it, brain just says 'Nope' and turns away.
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

One of my jobs is as a nightclub photographer. I'm working tonight so I'll be getting my dance on.

Comment

They changed up our music a while back with more dancey-type pop so tend to move and groove a bit more during our shifts. Now if they could just tone down the country and totally get rid of the Taylor Swift, that's be great.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

Same here.

I have found myself singing along to the overhead music sometimes though to be fair, they do have some very good songs on there (along with a lot of dreck, unfortunately).
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm lucky, as when I'm in it's the night shift and the doors are closed so I can play my own music. I do sing/dance as I go.

I'm supposed to turn it off and put local radio on when I open the doors, but I don't bother since I can see the difference with customers when my music (50s/60s stuff) is on to when the radio is on. Monday mornings especially, if my music is on customers seem more awake/happier, some will even sing along! My manager has said that if she could she'd have my music on all the time, as she has noticed the difference as well.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
                      They changed up our music a while back with more dancey-type pop so tend to move and groove a bit more during our shifts. Now if they could just tone down the country and totally get rid of the Taylor Swift, that's be great.
                      But Trixie, more Taylor Swift is the price we have to pay for having more MICHAEL JACKSON songs ;-) I'm loving the additional MJ songs ... dance my way down the aisles on tag night

Comment

True true! They added some more new stuff. More Motown stuff that I love. Guess that's not new though. What's really funny is that since I wrote this Let's Dance is now actually in our rotation.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
                          True true! They added some more new stuff. More Motown stuff that I love. Guess that's not new though. What's really funny is that since I wrote this Let's Dance is now actually in our rotation.
                          When truth is stranger than fiction

Comment

Working...
                          X