This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed Again

Another interview last week. Another rejection.

I'm going to be at this horrible place forever.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Just gotta keep trying. Eventually you'll get a bite. Remember, every interview is one more chance to get the hell out of your current job situation. Learn from the "No's" -- figure out what they didn't like (hell, send a 'Thank you' email tomorrow anyway, and ask them for advice on how to improve in the future! Get in the habit for any future ones; it couldn't hurt), and use those to improve for your next interview.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      Just gotta keep trying. Eventually you'll get a bite. Remember, every interview is one more chance to get the hell out of your current job situation. Learn from the "No's" -- figure out what they didn't like (hell, send a 'Thank you' email tomorrow anyway, and ask them for advice on how to improve in the future! Get in the habit for any future ones; it couldn't hurt), and use those to improve for your next interview.
      That's what one of my co-workers does.....she's trying to move up to a Reference Librarian position, and got feedback at her last interview on what areas she needs to work on.

Comment

Ok I hate to be the one do this but- you need to relax.

I just got stressed out reading your post title and 2 sentences. I can't imagine how much anxiety and stress your radiating in person.

I know you NEED a new job (not want need) but you need to try and center yourself a bit so you seem more desirable.

My suggestion find some place quiet where you can spend 10 minutes alone and just tell yourself between big breaths that you are good at your job and you are a good hire. It might calm you down a bit.

Comment

That's certainly true. I'm hoping I can recharge in the next week and not be as high strung and negative as I have been.
          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Cool. It may not be easy, but you can pull it off! ^_^ This is an audition of sorts, after all, so Break a (frog) leg!
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
            X