This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for all yout hotel desk employees

ive been reading the post about hotel check in SCs not accepting the fact rooms aren't ready when they arrive and getting pissed.. my question to you is this as I have been guilty of it. Is it okay to show up in the morning, well before check in, be told that room isn't ready, then say cool, can I leave luggage here and maybe get a call later when room is ready (or something similar, even come back to the front desk at check in time). I ask this as when I travel I usually show up early, and would rather get check in done as soon as possible, even if I have to wait for the room to be ready.

I worked for the Sun Valley resort in ID at one point and they would allow that. They even had an area for Guests Luggage run by the Bell Hop. Most High end places offer these kind of services but don't expect that at a motel 6 lol.

Comment

Non-hotel guy here, but from experience reading stories here: some places will do it, some will not (read: the more expensive, the more likely). If at all possible, request an early check-in when placing your reservation. Even then, they may not be able to guarantee a room will be available (as this depends on other guests leaving earlier than expected), nor necessarily a secure place for your luggage. It doesn't hurt to ask, though.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

At The Resort we hold guest luggage. At Hotel 4+2, official policy was no but I regularly ignored that.

Like EricKei said, let the hotel know ahead of time that you want an early check-in. That way even if the room isn't ready right when you want it, we've already informed Housekeeping so they are prepared to clean the first one that checks out. For example you might only have a 20 minute wait if housekeeping is already working on a room versus an hour wait if housekeeping has to start from scratch because they didn't know about the request ahead of time.

It never hurts to ask. The worst thing you can be told is "no".
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I usually proactively ask to put my luggage in storage until check-in opens (after I've proactively checked to see if they offer storage).

All but once the response was, 'Oh we can check you now if you'd like'.

The only time this didn't happen was a more high end hotel, and not only did they store it, when we returned to check in, they'd already dropped the bags off in our rooms.
          the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

Working...
          X