This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, that is not what I said

I had a customer come in wanting to buy a countertop for her bathroom. I asked her if she also needed a sink and faucet. She said she already had both. I told her it would cost $127 to install the faucet and we did not disconnect plumbing for the sink. In addition, once the fabrication began on the countertop, the sale was final. She asked if they would pull out her old countertop and take it away. I responded that yes, they would, but there was an additional charge per square foot for that. She said 'oh, I'll have my neighbor do it then'.

She came in a week later to finish up some paperwork. After she signed said paperwork, she said 'so, do I get to pick what sort of sink comes with the countertop?'.
    "I thought you said you already had a sink."
    "On no, you told me that for about $120 dollars I would get a sink and faucet installed'.
    "No, I said for $127 we would install the faucet. However, I was mistaken there, the price for a faucet install is actually $145. Would you like to pick out a sink?'.
    She picked out a sink, and then said 'And they'll unhook my old one and hook this one in when they do my faucet'.
    "No, there is an additional fee for an undermount sink like the one you purchased, and we do not disconnect plumbing."
    "oh, okay, nevermind then".
    "Okay, you can just pay for this sink at any checkout, and there will be a 15% restocking fee if you return it'.
    "Alright".

So today I get chewed out because she was returning the entire order. Why?
    1) I told her that the disconnect, removal, install, and reconnect of the sink was included in the sink price
    2) I told her that tear out and haul away of the old countertop was included in the price.
    3) I told her we would disconnect and reconnect her faucet as part of the sink install.
    4) When she called in earlier that day I said I would waive the restocking fee.

Fortunately for me I had talked to my department head just after the 2nd conversation as it had come to my attention after the conversation with the woman that the price in the faucet aisle still said $127. I relayed to him bits of the conversation with the woman, so he knew I had informed her correctly.

Urge to maim rising.

You say: "We will install your faucet for a fee."
    She hears: "We will install your faucet and sink for free."

You say: "You're an idiot who doesn't pay attention."
    She hears: "Sure, we'll do a bunch of extra work and give you more products than you ordered all for free."
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Flashbacking... to construction work...days..... GAAAAAAH!
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

It's a damned shame that I find myself doing the same thing.

I've become very adept in telling when I'm going to have trouble with a phone call I've had, so I try to always give my managers a heads-up ahead of time so that they aren't blindsighted by the impending idiocy.

I'd say I bat about .500 in these cases. At least half the time that I've given a warning to a manager, the idiot customer in question has indeed attempted to stir up trouble.

I never thought I'd like the idea of call-recordings, but it's protected me and my company from liars SO many times, I actually don't mind it.

There is nothing funnier than a customer asking to listen to the call and hearing their lies pour right back out at them. Do they really think we're making it up when we say 'it says on the recording that the agent advised....etc'?

I know it's alot different when you're face-to-face with the idiots, though. Good on you for mentioning it to your manager ahead of time.

Stupid bitch. She needs a
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

With hard drive space being dirt cheap these days ... every business should record every call and have the calls easily retrievable on their local network.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I know that I might get confused over things like this, that's why I always carry a pen and paper for details. But I at least listen closely when it comes to how my money will be spent. >.<
            wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
            ----
            Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

Sad thing is so many people do this on purpose, that its very easy to become jaded. Then when you have a genuinely nice customer, or a confused one, you try as hard for them. I wish management would get a clue that customers who do this are not worth it. ><
              The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury. - Marcus Aurelius
              If you're slower than me, stupider than me, and you taste good...you're dinner - Anthony Bourdain

Memento mori.

Comment

Working...
              X