This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking lot suckitude

Nyx thread about how to score free stuff reminded me of this little gem back in my days of being a parking lot attendant at an arena in Ohio. This was my first encounter with spineless management in combination with SCs.

Once the event starts, they pull all but two parking lot attendants off the lots and leave one cashier at the booth. (Before the event starts, there are at least 6 - 7 attendants on the lot) The two left direct late traffic and the cashier is there to collect the cash from the late arrivals. All other lanes are blocked leaving one entrance....

All of a sudden I hear the cashier scream "STOP!" and turn to see an super stretch limo come flying through the booth nearly hitting our cashier who had to jump back in the booth to avoid being hit. I was only 16 at the time and not too smart at times because I proceeded to put myself in front of the limo to stop it. Lucky for my silly teenage butt, it stopped.

I got into an argument with the driver about needing to pay for the parking even though the even already started. The person in the limo stuck their head out and started arguing. I didn't care. You pay. You don't run the booth. End of story. This is my job. SC ended up getting out of his limo and walking...god forbid...to the doors. I still would not allow the limo driver to move the limo.

After what seemed like an eternity (at least 20 minutes) - the lot supervisor finally pulls up to the situation.

He asks what was wrong, limo driver says I won't let her pass and he said, "go ahead!"

I WAS LIVID! He didn't even ask why I stopped her. I started yelling at him saying she blew the booth AND almost hit the cashier - but of course, the limo was already gone.

I ended up filing a grievance with my supervisors boss citing mental anguish as my complaint. Not that anything happened because of my complaint.

On an unrelated note - there were three lot supervisors. A month or so after this happened, they were all fired because they were caught shutting booths down early and sitting by the booth collecting money from late arrivals.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post

After what seemed like an eternity (at least 20 minutes) - the lot supervisor finally pulls up to the situation.

He asks what was wrong, limo driver says I won't let her pass and he said, "go ahead!"

And this is a prime example of the dark, rotting, putrid core from which SCs grow and feed.. spinless, asinine supervisors and managers. Makes me sick..
    I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
      the dark, rotting, putrid core from which SCs grow and feed
      That's actually at WM HQ. All the other congealed putrescences you might see are satellites.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Working...
      X