X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iTunes keeps moving my music around

How do I make it stop?
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Look for an option called "Keep my media organised" or similar. Turn it off.

Comment

It's all turned off. It's still moving things.

Comment

Moving what from where to where, Parrothead? Actually MOVING, or copying? Is it doing it when you create playlists, or whenever you start it? As many details as you can, since the usual 'turn off organize' doesn't seem to be the answer. (Which is very odd, as that is all I've ever heard of doing such a thing.)

Comment

It's changing the genres of certain songs, and splitting some soundtracks into two albums (ex: tracks 1, 3, 4, 5, 10 and 12 are on "Album", while tracks 2, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 11 are on "Album: The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack").

But the songs it keeps moving around change each time I start iTunes.

Comment

Ah - you mean they are moving within the UI, not on the filesystem?

Comment

Maybe? How do I check the file system?

Comment

Okay, ignore the filesystem. (By that, I mean the files physically on disk, not the way they are displayed within iTunes.)

It sounds like it's automatically downloading updated metadata for your music, and some of that metadata is unreliable. You should look for options which let you turn *that* off. Then changes which *you* make to the metadata should stick.

Comment

Working...
                X