This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locked her kids in a hot car while getting her hair do - er, strike that

KHOU-TV in Houston reported that a woman had left two small children in her car while she went to a hair salon. Turns out they'd misrepresented things a bit...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1868679

In cases like that, when a child or the elderly are locked in a car, the police are allowed to jimmy the lock for you. I learned that at my mall; people asked for us to call the police all the time because they locked their keys in the car, but they will only respond in those two situations. The people just didn't want to call a locksmith or AAA and shell out 80$.

We did have a lady do that same thing; she put the kids in their car seats, closed the doors, went to the drivers side and realized she'd put her keys on the back floor while strapping the kids in. Both kids were too young to be able to open the door themselves. Police were there in about 4-min.

Wonder where they got the idea she was getting her hair done? Someone's off-hand remark "Oh, she probably left them alone while she got her hair done or something!"
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

theres a story my parents love to share.

with everyone. Ever.

I was a pudgy little baby. My aunt was picking me up from my Nana and Papas.
      She puts the car seat in in her truck. She closes the door walks around and...... the door is locked. She reaches into her purse and... there are no keys. She panics a little and runs into the house to see if she left the keys there. Nope.
      Now its July.
      So its like 120 outside.

She quickly calls 911 who tell her to do everything possible to keep me cool while the firetruck makes its why to the house. She turns on the hose and and sprays down the cab. And keeps watering it and talking to me through the glass and my grandparents talk to the dispatcher.

The firemen show up, find the scene with a touch of amusement with my aunt on the verge of all out panic, hose in hand talking to the truck she is watering. The door is jammed so they knock out the back window, pull me out and check me over.

I'm a little red, Alittle warm but giggling and happy as can be. And apparently had been the whole time in a total 'Why is auntie acting funny' kind of way.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
        Wonder where they got the idea she was getting her hair done? Someone's off-hand remark "Oh, she probably left them alone while she got her hair done or something!"
        Apparently some guy filmed it and came to the conclusion that she was inside getting her hair done. Jumped to that conclusion, I should say...
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
        X