This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resources for classical singers

I've mentioned before that I was a soloist in high school (sop.1), and I'm currently in a choir. Well, said choir is performing Verdi this summer, and in order to sing it correctly, I need to work on my upper register.

As a teenager, my range went up to Db(7). Working on getting back to that (Requiem hits a C(7), so I may as well go up a note for accuracy), but I don't have easy access to a piano or keyboard, and the youtube scale videos suck. Does anyone have a good rehearsal resource, either a virtual piano that I can program with scales, or a video with a variety of soprano-range scales, in either midi or recorded piano?

This is driving me nuts. I can do it a cappella, mostly, but as I go up into the top of octave 6/low octave 7, my ear gets a little flat, and I can't tell where I'm going off-key.

Quoth KiaKat View Post
    I've mentioned before that I was a soloist in high school (sop.1), and I'm currently in a choir. Well, said choir is performing Verdi this summer, and in order to sing it correctly, I need to work on my upper register.

As a teenager, my range went up to Db(7). Working on getting back to that (Requiem hits a C(7), so I may as well go up a note for accuracy), but I don't have easy access to a piano or keyboard, and the youtube scale videos suck. Does anyone have a good rehearsal resource, either a virtual piano that I can program with scales, or a video with a variety of soprano-range scales, in either midi or recorded piano?

This is driving me nuts. I can do it a cappella, mostly, but as I go up into the top of octave 6/low octave 7, my ear gets a little flat, and I can't tell where I'm going off-key.
    See if any of this helps you.

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_rn=...w=1030&bih=689
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Little Bits has a program she uses. When she calls later I will ask her what it is she uses.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
        Yeah, I tried that. The one that records keystrokes is a pain to use, and the others are worse. It's getting more and more frustrating to wait for a piano to load, then discover that either it doesn't have the full range (why the hell do most cut off at octave 6?!), or it doesn't record keystrokes, or it doesn't resonate when you stop pressing a key.

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
        Little Bits has a program she uses. When she calls later I will ask her what it is she uses.
        Awesome! I'm getting frustrated, and really wanted to work on this over the next week.

Comment

How about a cheap keyboard? You can pick up a Casio SA-76 for about $50.00.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

The cheap ones are so tinny I end up flat. Learned that one the hard way. Though I do want to get one of the mid-range boards, at some point.

Comment

Working...
            X