X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I made someone cry...

but in a good way.

Today at Free comic book day, my local shop let me set up my table to sell my wares (even though they were not comic related), and ordered pizza for a late lunch for all vendors. Well the guy came back after his shift (I'm assuming), and walked by my table.

We got to chatting and it got around to tipping in general. I said "I never order delivery unless I KNOW I can tip." Then told him about my brain fart on ordering a pizza on super bowl weekend, being quoted over 1.5 hour wait time (no complaints from me other then a mental headslap for to late realizing when it was).

I told the guy "I think they have my name written down somewhere....cause I'll order pizza and almost half the quoted time it will arrive and NEVER wrong."

Hell sometimes I feel bad I can't tip more then a couple of bucks...on a $15-$20 order.

I've decieded...that this Christmas, I'm gonna order a few pizzas for my group...and tip 100%...but not tell the driver or order taker so no one fights over the order.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Quoth Sarlon View Post
    I've decieded...that this Christmas, I'm gonna order a few pizzas for my group...and tip 100%...but not tell the driver or order taker so no one fights over the order.
    I do this every year. The time I eat out nearest to Christmas I leave the most obnoxiously large tip I can afford, generally well over 50%. I tuck it all in the bill folder thingie, scrawl Happy Christmas on a napkin or scrap of paper, and beat feet so that I'm gone before they find it.

I like to think that I make someone's day a little happier because of it.
    My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

Working...
    X