Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the storm is supposed to miss central Minnesota, and after the last 2, I'm ok with that. The only thing we're supposed to get from it is a lot of wind.

I'm already sick of winter, and it hasn't even started yet.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      Oh, for a snowball to stick down fireheart's bathing suit....
      You do realise that it's basically the equivalent of dumping water down my bathing suit right?
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
        You do realise that it's basically the equivalent of dumping water down my bathing suit right?
        You... you... you... Gunkie!
        [/Cosby] (Mom threw away the slushball I had in the freezer)
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Funny, I swear I bought a black car, but the one in the driveway right now is WHITE. Then again, so is everything else. Here, allow me to illustrate:
          Last edited by Ree; 02-23-2013, 02:45 AM. Reason: Resized massive image
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

"10 to 14 inches of snow...." yeah, great call.

Two inches for me. At the most. It's been all rain or sleet otherwise, so we have that wonderful dirty slushy mush all over everything.

Which didn't keep shoppers away. We almost certainly won't hit our sales goal today but we may blow away the rest of the district just because our store was the only one people could reasonably get to.

But nonetheless several people called out because of the impending snowstorm and "better safe than sorry." So among other things today, I had to clean the bathrooms because the cleaning guy called out, shovel slush, and help on the salesfloor until we could actually get some decent help over there.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Two inches for me. At the most.
              we've got knee-deep drifts here, had to bust out the knee high doc Marten's to stay dry as I walked the block to work, to join my solitary co-worker(no one else showed, and the crappy thing is, I offered anyone who wanted could stay here, boss is none too happy about that to say the least.)
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

No idea how much we got. It started as a prediction of trace to 2 inches, then was bumped up to 2-5, then 4-8.....it's hard to tell due to the blowing.

Bf's house is about 20some miles away to the southeast, there's more there than here at home. I waited till after noon to drive home today.

Thank God I'm only 5 minutes from work.

Oh, by the by, we got 14 inches two Sundays ago and no one declared a state of emergency for us.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  Oh, by the by, we got 14 inches two Sundays ago and no one declared a state of emergency for us.
                  it's getting bad here, overnight supposed to be 20 inches, and 50MPH winds, I can't see the buildings across the street at this point.
                  Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                    Forecast up until Christmas Day:

Friday: 29C
                    Saturday: 34C
                    Sunday: 39C
                    Monday: 27C
                    Tuesday: 27C

That's all in Celsius. Bear in mind that it takes temps of around 1C or less for snow to form.
                    I'd like to see what your weather forecasts are for Victoria Day, Dominion Day (Canada - I always use the old name), Independence Day (U.S.), and Labour Day. Around here, I can go out on those days in a lightweight shirt with no jacket - how about you?
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

One of our managers had to open/run her old store one time because everyone but her called in. It started snowing around midnight and we had 4 inches by 8 am. Then it snowed all day--wet, heavy snow. I was at work all day, so I don't know what our accumulation is. It started getting really windy around 4pm and it's still snowing. I am so glad I don't work tomorrow.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Two inches for me. At the most. It's been all rain or sleet otherwise, so we have that wonderful dirty slushy mush all over everything.

Yeah you got the rain down there and we got wet snow up here.

we got around 4 or 5 inches of wet slush, heavy enough that I did have to use the snowblower (hmmmm that would go good as a cold coating on Fireheart and Jester).

BUT Irv, go 50 miles west and a little south of you around Lake W and the totals were in the foot to 14 inch range.
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

...we have that wonderful dirty slushy mush all over everything.
                          Dirty slush? The only slush we have down here isn't dirty, and it comes in different flavors at the Circle K.

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                          we got around 4 or 5 inches of wet slush, heavy enough that I did have to use the snowblower (hmmmm that would go good as a cold coating on Fireheart and Jester).
                          As I say every year when someone threatens something along those lines, BRING IT ON!

Though I wonder just what a snow blower would be able to do down here. Blow sand, maybe?

Last edited by Ree; 02-23-2013, 02:44 AM. Reason: Resized massive image

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            Dirty slush? The only slush we have down here isn't dirty, and it comes in different flavors at the Circle K.
                            I'm convinced there aren't any other flavor than just "sugar." The only thing that changes is the color.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Wishing you all a very Key West Christmas! (This is one of our wonderful local musicians, Zak Seemiller; he's freakin' hilarious!)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Well, I was in my car after going to the ATM for AC money when it started to snow. My car's thermometer said it was 43F (6C). That's really not close enough to snow but okay. Just checked weather.com and it's dropped to 39F already.
                                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
                                X