Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So that Seraph doesn't have to go all NinjaDash on me...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So that Seraph doesn't have to go all NinjaDash on me...

The surgery to remove the bone spur on my heel was this morning and went fine. I went in at 9AM and was headed home by noon. Right now, my throat hurts more than the incision site...

While the surgery went fine, apparently I might need to apologize to the anesthesiologist and nurses... It sounds like I didn't come out of the anesthesia calmly. No specifics- I'll have to see if I can find out anything. If I do this again (Aw, hell. WHEN, not if. I have the same problem on my other foot. Who am I kidding?), I might need to have them make a note on the chart, "restrain after sedation."

Got home and slept the rest of the afternoon away.

Right now, though, this pretty much sums up recovery...
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Quoth Crossbow View Post
    While the surgery went fine, apparently I might need to apologize to the anesthesiologist and nurses... It sounds like I didn't come out of the anesthesia calmly.
    Don't feel bad, most of my family don't either . And the video's on youtube of ranting toddlers seems to attest it's pretty widespread as well. I still cannot recall what I did or said after having my wisdom teeth pulled, but it was apparently very "name/rank/serial number". I just kept repeating my soon to be wife's name and phone number between periods of consciousness.
    But the paint on me is beginning to dry
    And it's not what I wanted to be
    The weight on me
    Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

You know, I just logged in just now to check up on you. Glad everything went well, now, recover quickly! WE HAVE SHENANIGANS TO PULL!
      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
        ... WE HAVE SHENANIGANS TO PULL!
        Goodbye, cool world.

(The little toaster)
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I remember getting knocked out to have my wisdom teeth pulled, shaking off the sedation and swelling takes longer than the darn procedure every, single time...........
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
            You know, I just logged in just now to check up on you. Glad everything went well, now, recover quickly! WE HAVE SHENANIGANS TO PULL!
            Quoth dalesys View Post
            Goodbye, cool world.

(The little toaster)
            You two just made my night.

Hmmm.. Cards Against Humanity while loopy on Vicodin... This might be fun.
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

My mom once punched an anesthesiologist. She can't stand things on her face and while she was in recovery he kept trying to put an oxygen mask on her face and she kept knocking it off. The third time she punched him knocking off his glasses and breaking them. He then decided she really didn't need the mask. All of this was while she was still out. The nurses told her about it after she was fully awake.

Comment

I'm disappointed none of this stuff happened to me after my surgery. Apparently my return to consciousness was uneventful. I remember asking the nurse to explain to me what I was looking at, since I couldn't focus my eyes yet. That's as weird as it got.

If I'd had the presence of mind, I would have asked her "Is this real life????"
                "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Quoth Draper Mel View Post
                  If I'd had the presence of mind, I would have asked her "Is this real life????"
                  That was pretty much me after the last GA I had.

I remember swimming back to being awake and the office had some music going on.

It bugged me for a week as I knew the music but was too foggy to place it. It was the checkup visit that I was finally able to confirm it was John Fogarty's Centerfield.

Drove me nuts for that week wondering if I was nuts or not.

B
                  "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                  I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

This happened after one of my Ex Wife's major surgeries.

After she came back to her room from recovery, a Dr came into check on her. Ex apparently "woke" up and looked the Dr straight in the eye and said "Please Fuck ME." then passed out again.

Ex claims to not have any memory of this incident.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Heh, I was out cold during my trip to the ICU, so I only have second hand accounts (and the doctors accounts), but apparently when they tried to put a breathing tube in me .. I did NOT like it. Took several nurses and orderlies (accounts very from 4-6 total) to get me to where they could strap me down. I woke up still strapped in the bed.
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

No matter what I managed to do, it's still less than my (now late, unfortunately) friend. She was a black belt in aikido, and her chart did say "restrain after sedation." Apparently, the staff didn't read. A nurse came in to take her pulse.

From the neck.

The nurse ended up flying through the door. According to my friend's husband, the door was closed at the time.

Right now, the incision site only hurts if I walk on it more than a few steps. Today's probably going to be a video game day. Bigger annoyance is that everywhere else hurts, especially my neck and side. And under my tongue... Grumble.

Comment

People do have weird reactions to sedation. Hopefully anaesthesiologists and other medical workers know this and understand that it's not personal.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I hate general anesthesia - I don't go psychotic or anything, but whenever I come out of it, I go into incredible crying jags that can last up to 15 mins. I just start sobbing and can't stop. I warned the nurses the last time I had to go into surgery, and was told it was actually a pretty common reaction.
                            The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Never had GA, but i had laughing gas when my eye/wisdom teeth were pulled - circa age 8. As I recall, all it did was make my fingers and toes feel numb. I told them this, and they said OK and went ahead and pulled the teeth anyway. NOT F%*&%$^ING FUN.
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                              X