This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    As admirably as my Blazer performed in the niece move, I could not possibly deal with that sort of driving entertainment for several days and two thousand miles. No way!
    Just curious, but what sort of problems did you run into towing a trailer with the Blazer?
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Oh, no problems per se. She did everything I asked of her, but it was like dragging a two ton brick 500 miles. It took all my concentration and skill to drive that rig, and was very stressful and taxing...and that was only one day, not the several days that would be required of the move to AZ. To put it simply, the Blazer simply was not designed to do that, and it would be best for me if I do it the other way, as I described above.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        What Wolfie said!

Also, after my experience a few years ago towing a trailer across the length of Florida to help my niece move from northern Florida back to Key West, I can say with confidence that when I finally do make my return trip west, it will be in a box truck, towing the Jestermobile behind it on a dolly. As admirably as my Blazer performed in the niece move, I could not possibly deal with that sort of driving entertainment for several days and two thousand miles. No way!
        That's what my sister did when she moved back here from North Dakota. The bunnies and parakeet rode in the car, on the dolly. She went through Chicago at lunchtime, that was ALL kinds of fun.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

YAY. ONE OF MY BOOZE GODS IS BACK

Comment

Working...
          X