Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are they customers if they only come in to steal?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are they customers if they only come in to steal?

Can't say where I work but we sell parts for cars. My store is in a major city north of DC. We have a family of repeat "customers", father, son and a woman who is the wife of one of them.
    They have a few scams, one of which trash can diving for a receipt for something on the sales floor and when picking that item up and trying to do a return. Another is to come in with a item and no receipt and try and do a return but want to use the credit to buy something else that costs a few cents more. This gives them a "clean" receipt. If we do a return without receipt we are supposed to put it on a merchandise card and no item bought with that can be returned for cash.
    This family is why we have a strict return to merch card policy, they can then use it to make a second transaction. It's fun to listen to them complain. Anyone not trying to scam doesn't care. One of them has either worked for my company or knows someone who has because they know our lingo and corporate structure. They have said several times that they are going to call my district manager and have me fired. Hasn't happened yet, in fact my last interaction with them got one arrested.
    When asked for his ID for the return he presented a ID that was two ID's glued together. We didn't return the ID and our security called to police. Hope he enjoyed his time in jail.

If they aren't actually giving you money for merchandise, and instead are getting money for something they never bought in the first place, then NOPE, they are not customers.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

We had this issue at AZ autoparts also.
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

My old store had the same problem...and according to them, anyone who walked in the door was a customer. As in, they may have stolen $500 worth of shrimp but they did buy a $2 tin of mints.

Dictionary.com has two definitions, and it seems like most companies nowadays are forgetting the original meaning and going with #2 (forces employees to deal with absolutely anyone).

1. a person who purchases goods or services from another; buyer; patron.
        2. Informal. a person one has to deal with.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
          We had this issue at AZ autoparts also.
          It's not unique to any parts-store chain or locale. Nor is it particularly new.

Comment

Working...
          X