This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I Don't Care if Its Impossible. DO IT!"

That phrase will go down in history as the one thing that SC's past, present, and future never stop saying.

Comment

Quoth TryNotToBeThatOne View Post
      Regarding the lady & friend in the OP, what about her friend arriving to pick it up, calling her & then her do a phone-credit authorization over the phone. That still might not be possible, but it beats her giving you grief.
      The place they can pick up orders is effectivley just an extension of the warehouse. As such, people who would normally be picking and packing orders are sent up to take care of people when they come to pick something up. The warehouse is a very busy place, and they get very bitchy down there when they have to do extra work. Thats probably why even management doesn't suggest this. Keep them happy and things generally move smoothly. Honestly, we would be all happier if top brass did away with pick-ups and told the local customers to suck an egg, and deal with shipping, or buy from a store who buys from us.

Comment

Programmer

I was one of the programmers who wrote the type of software that would cause these problems. Management would give us a bunch of specs to meet, we then write code to meet those specs.

Once you get some sort of working code you start testing the program and find that problems like the OP's exist, at which point you go back to the bosses asking them what options they would like to solve the problem.

Way too many times I was told to just leave it alone, it would be deal with later no matter how serious the problem. However, they always wanted extra bells and whistles (usually reports) that did not help the people using the program to serve customers.

Comment

Working...
        X