This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowling for Suck

This isn't your typical sucky customer story, but this happened to me today and I thought of this message board:

We had a coupon for almost-free bowling today; being as this is SuperBowl Sunday, I thought they meant football, not the one where you roll the ball and knock down pins. So, we get to the bowling alley and it's jam-packed with families having a tournament. We asked at the counter how long the wait was, and the woman was all, "Well, there's another tournament coming in at 2, and there's already a waiting list, but I can't tell exactly whether there will be anything available between then, or when, or for how long, etc. etc." And we were like, "Could we leave our cell phone number on the waiting list, etc. etc." The woman was all, "Sure, but I really can't promise when and if...etc. and some people have already yelled at me about this..." And we were like, "We won't yell at you, it's just bowling; we'll try <other bowling alley> and if they're busy we'll come by later on." The woman was all, "Oh, thank you, thank you, I'm sorry we can't do anything about it right now, you're so nice, good luck, have a great day, come back some other time, etc. etc."

We did go to the other bowling alley where we paid the regular price 'cause the coupon was just for the first place. The coupon would have been a really good deal, but what do you expect, of course everyone else is going to have one too, and it's not the bowling alley's fault that their promotion worked (well, it is, but in a good way) a little too well. I think I'm gonna yell at the employees, that will make them kick someone off the tournament just so I can use a lane...for practically free (it was like $0.42 per game per person plus shoe rental).
    I was not hired to respond to those voices.

yay for you
    for making that woman feel better

Comment

I agree. There is nothing like getting relief from a stressful situation, especially when you work with customers.
      "They're magically delicious, bitch!"- Kara, http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=34968

Comment

I always love when I have the opportunity to be really nice to a really stressed out staff person. I was Express a while back, during a massive sale, using a coupon, and the cashier who rang me out messed up the coupon, so I got $0.30 off, instead of $30.00. I was really proud of myself because I just calmly walked back once I'd had a chance to look over my receipt, pointed it out, and made a point to thank him and tell him not to worry about since I knew how stressful it must be, working a big sale on his first day.
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
        X