This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subject To Availability

My three least favourite words in all the world "Subject To Availability" Meaning "We can only sell something to you if we have it in stock" Which I thought would have been pretty obvious. Apparently not.

Well you know how customers are. They will bitch and whine, if something is out.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Hotels are worse for "based on availability"... people don't seem to understand that there is a difference between room availability and rate availability... just because a hotel has 100 rooms doesn't mean that all 100 can be used for a AAA/AARP/entertainment/insert name of discount... the hotel would not stay in business long if every room was discounted, either that or they'd have to raise their rates enough that the discounts would be meaningless anyway.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Hi, I am new here, had to register to respond to this.

On another message board, someone was questioning what they meant when she could return her item for a replacement if availabe.

she thought they were ripping her off.

PeopleRstupid

Comment

AND you will not believe how stupid and nasty people though it does not matter if the item in question if worth $1000 or 5 cents US

about 20 years ago whilst I was an AM for Burger King, they had a promotion during Xmas for (this was waaaaayyyyy before Beanie Babies) for Crayola Bears. these were small teddy bears that had a T-shirt that said Crayola and came in 6 different colors with one color wach week until Xmas.

the ad campain for these bear had a Xmasy theme with the usual disclaimers like at participating stores only subject to availability tax not included etc. for some reason these bears were VERY popular and we sold out every shipment the day we got them (twice per week). these shipments were planned months in advance and we could not get anymore than we were allowed

you would not believe how nasty people got when they found out we were sold out along with the usual SC behavior and threats of suing for false advertizing and such
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Some people.

Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm getting the vibe that things like 'we only sell Item XYZ if we have them' is just too complicated for the average person anymore.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                AND you will not believe how stupid and nasty people though it does not matter if the item in question if worth $1000 or 5 cents US

about 20 years ago whilst I was an AM for Burger King, they had a promotion during Xmas for (this was waaaaayyyyy before Beanie Babies) for Crayola Bears.

you would not believe how nasty people got when they found out we were sold out along with the usual SC behavior and threats of suing for false advertizing and such
                Try working at Burger King when we were selling the talking Simpsons' watches. After awhile we had sold out of them and people were going crazy. We were told that we were going to be sued, threatened with a boycott, and told by one woman that we had "ruined her son's birthday" since "all he wanted was a Simpsons' watch.

All this over a very cheaply made watch that most likely would have fallen apart in six months.
                Last edited by TruthHurts; 02-03-2008, 11:39 PM. Reason: Me fail Engliah that's unpossible?
                My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                  for some reason these bears were VERY popular and we sold out every shipment the day we got them (twice per week).
                  I hated those Crayola bears too. The 26-year-old woman I was dating at the time HAD to have a red bear. BK's in my area started giving out the next week's bears the moment the current week's bears were gone. That meant the red ones vanished more than a week before they were supposed to be given out.

The chaos in the stores and the angry customers were almost laughable. Thankfully, my date decided the bear was not worth getting upset about.
                  "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                  .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

sounds similar to a problem we had a year or so back involving a coupon that was distributed through emails for workers and their friends/family, however, the offer was supposed to be limited to one region: the northeastern part of the us.

little did the geniuses that created this offer realise just how quickly the 'offer' would spread, much like cancer, throughout the rest of the us, creating problems for all stores everywhere.

it offered a free drink (small size) for 'valued' customers. god, the headaches it caused; people brining them in, wanting different sizes, same people coming in day after day, using this offer, etc.

i wanted to scream after a few days of this nonsense; the worst was one man, (who is mentally disabled) who brought one in EVERY SINGLE DAY for two weeks; we explained to him (it was printed on the coupon) that it was a limited offer and the offer had expired, so we couldn't honor it.

after about five minutes of trying to explain why, we gave him the drink and told him the next time, we wouldn't accept it, period.

he now only comes around to use our restroom and demand water from us...just as rude as anyone else who shows up, slack jawed and drooling, to get the local special.
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                    X