Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone tried to refund a shirt that wasn't from our store and someone working in the fashion dept. argued with her for a while. Your story sounds lame lol

stupid, stupid, stupid,
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

A guest once called our chain's customer care department demanding a refund. Apparently, on the night she stayed, it was particularly breezy, and she got no rest due to the wind blowing through the trees outside.

Normally, customer care will open up a complaint file that we must respond to, but, in this instance, the rep calls me on the phone (they normally don't call) to tell me what transpired, laughing her ass off! She faxed over the transcript of the call for our records, but refused to open a file.

Comment

This is right up there...

This incident happened to S when she used to work at our customer service desk. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when she told me about it.

A woman returned a turkey and demanded a refund because the directions never said she had to take the plastic wrapper off before cooking it.

Yes, this idiot cooked the turkey with the plastic still on it because the wrapper said it was 'oven-ready'. And apparently in her demented world, that meant the plastic wrap should be cookable and edible.

And, yes, she got a refund.

If it was me, I would've refused the refund and laughed in her face for being so freakin' stoopid. How do people like this survive from day to day???
        It's like I'm wearing Eau de Moron and all of the idiots and assholes are attracted to me... -JuniorMintz

Comment

I HATE the one where they claim a food item was bad, but somehow manage to eat the entire thing (except a few crumbs to prove it was bad) and want a refund. If it was so bad, why did you eat it all then??? Huh.

Comment

I actually had a customer want a refund on a lottery scratch-off because he didn't win. I thought he was joking at first, so I just laughed and made a nonchalant comment about that being why they call it gambling.

Then, he actually said in a serious tone, "No, really, I want my money back."

Me: "No, really, it doesn't work that way. That's why they call it gambling. You lose, and your money's gone. You only get your money back if you win."

Him: "So, you sold me a loser, and you're just going to keep my money?"

Me: "That's the way gambling works. You lose the game, you lose your money."

Duh! Life's not always fair.
            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Yeah, no kidding! You said it! LOL!

I just wish people like that would win the Darwin Awards. I sincerely wish them all the luck landing that prize.
              The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

the funniest person I ever had asking for a refund was when i worked for Wal-Mart. At the time I worked the service desk, now since this was an older store the service desk did returns from one side and was a checkout on the other, and depending on how busy it was you had one or two people working it, at night it was almost always one and the other person was straightening/cleaning the front

While I was waiting to check out a few middle age ladies, I think they were waiting for someone to bring a final item up, a college age guy came in the front doors and up to the returns side of the counter. I excused myself from the women and turned to the guy.

He said " Man I need to return this, it didn't work" he then reaches in his pocket and pulls out a used condom "My girlfriend got pregnant so I need a refund" After the first few seconds of shock I looked at him and said "nope not goona happen" he starts to stammer the "but but" and I just look at him and say "you will not be returning that I really think you need to leave now"

He does leave, and looking back at the ladies waiting on the other side of the counter their expressions are priceless...and they are laughing. They ask if he really just tried to return what they think, and i tell them that yes he tried and we all laugh about the silliness of some people

Comment

Quoth georgiab View Post
                  When I worked returns I had a man bring back light bulbs because he said they were to bright....uh they are light bulbs...that's why you buy new ones because the old ones burn out....
                  Lightbulbs come in different watt's and its possible the light bulb was just to bright for the area it was going into. He'd have to get a lower watt bulb then.
                  Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

Quoth roguesqd View Post
                    He said " Man I need to return this, it didn't work" he then reaches in his pocket and pulls out a used condom "My girlfriend got pregnant so I need a refund"
                    Dude...... the refund you'd get off ONE used condom wouldn't pay for a single diaper, let alone clothe and school the kid for eighteen years LOL (and he only brought back ONE???? man, she's good!)
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

We sometimes run out of Regular Gasoline. Like if its been really busy and the tanker is running late.

We tell the customers we only have Ultra and it never fails, someone always asks if we are going to honor the Regular price if they get Ultra. When they get told no they get all pissed off about it. Hey its not my fault plus we are not the only gas station in town. Either wait until the tanker gets to us or go to another station if you are that low on fuel.

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
                        I actually had a customer want a refund on a lottery scratch-off because
                        That sounds oddly familiar. At Chesterfield, I had a kid, maybe... 5... maybe as old as 7, buy a booster pack of Magic: The Gathering cards, (with nothing bigger than a quarter, mind.) leave, and came back about five minutes later.
                        "Can I return this?"
                        I looked at the package, it was open, and had been riffled through. "Uh, that would be 'no'."
                        Kid rallied quickly. "It was all lands."
                        "Them's the breaks. The packs are randomized. It's possible, but highly unlikely to happen." (Okay, apparently, it's not possible, according to posters here the last time I told this story. Thanks, guys.)
                        "What if I stapled it closed? Could I return it then?"
                        "Sadly, no. It's been opened, I can't resell it."
                        Kid left, defeated. I sincerely expected his back up, Disgruntled Mother, to show up anywhere from five to thirty minutes later, but the Random Number Generator must've been on my side, for I encountered no such monster.
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

At the ballpark some guy brought back an empty cup and said he should get a free refill because my beer was flat. Um, no...not gonna happen. I love saying no to SC's.

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
                          I also remember a thread awhile back from here where some woman tried to return a DOG to a pet store or something because her house had been repainted and now the dog didn't match the drapes!
                          Everything in my house matches my dogs. Because everything is COATED in their hair.

Comment

Quoth georgiab View Post
                            When I worked returns I had a man bring back light bulbs because he said they were to bright....uh they are light bulbs...that's why you buy new ones because the old ones burn out....
                            To you, perhaps. I'm very particular about the amount and color of light that I have in my office.
                            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
                              I actually had a customer want a refund on a lottery scratch-off because he didn't win. I thought he was joking at first, so I just laughed and made a nonchalant comment about that being why they call it gambling.

Then, he actually said in a serious tone, "No, really, I want my money back."

Me: "No, really, it doesn't work that way. That's why they call it gambling. You lose, and your money's gone. You only get your money back if you win."

Him: "So, you sold me a loser, and you're just going to keep my money?"

Me: "That's the way gambling works. You lose the game, you lose your money."

Duh! Life's not always fair.

People THIS stupid need to go out and play in traffic. Or something. Please, up the odds of winning a Darwin Award and leave the rest of us alone.
                              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I once overheard:

"I cooked this microwavable meal, and it still tasted as though it had been cooked in a microwave"

Comment

Working...
                                X