This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I Don't Care if Its Impossible. DO IT"

Apparently this truly has become national idiot week...

Little background. We have two brick and mortar stores. Orders can be placed for pickup, to avoid the shipping costs, but the customer has to pay when they arrive. No exceptions. Ever. The computer WILL NOT allow this. This is made known on the policy listed for this.

Anyone else see where this is going?

Well, lady calls in, and wants to place an order for pickup. The catch? Yes, she wants to prepay. I tell her no, and explain why. My mistake.

Me: Stubborn mule
    SC: Does not understand impossible.
    M: Manager

Me: I do apologize miss, but the system is hardwired so that we cannot set a pickup order as prepaid.
    SC: But I have a friend picking this up. I told him it would all be paid for and ready for pickup.
    Me: I do understand, but there really is nothing I can do.
    SC: This is ridiculous. That is a stupid policy.
    Me: I do agree in that regard. However it is the way the program was coded. It cannot be done.
    SC: I can't ask for a friend to pay out hundreds of dollars for an order.
    Me: I am sorry miss, but the only options here is for the payment to be given when the order is picked up, or have the order shipped to you.
    SC: Well are YOU going to pay for the shipping charges?
    Me: No miss, that is your responsibility.
    SC: I don't get it. I am going to spend hundreds of dollars on this order.
    Me: I understand that. However, even our customers who pick up orders in the thousands need to pay when they pickup.
    SC: I can have PetSmart or Petco prepay and have an order ready for pickup. Any other mail order catalog the same. Why can't you?
    Me: Again, it is because of the program we have. It cannot be done, it is impossible.
    SC: Then I will have to find someone else to shop with.
    Me: I am sorry you feel that way, but not even my manager can change this. It is hardwired in the system.
    SC: Well, I cannot deal with this. I spent hours putting together this order to be prepaid. It must be done.
    Me: It cannot be done. There is no way anyone here or at the store can do this.
    SC: Find a way. Get it done.
    Me: It is impossible. We cannot do this, noone cane.
    SC: I want your manager. NOW.

Transfer to manager:

Me: Got a looney for you.
    M: Oh great.
    Me: *explains situation*
    M: What does she want me to do. Its impossible.
    Me: Yeah told her that. Want her?
    M: Not really.
    Me: I'll hit the release button. Just give me the OK.
    M: Ah send her through. I'll deal with her.
    Me: Good luck.

Yeah... She never got what she wanted. Impossible does not bend for suck.

Nothing is impossible!.....if only.
    Seems like a major emtitlement whore to me, and as is commonplace, someone who refuses any answer they don't like in the hopes that it will change.
    We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

I could see where it would make it easier to prepay for an order and simply pick it up when it arrives, but that still doesn't excuse the woman's rotten attitude. One would think that she could have her friend who is picking it up to also deliver the payment at that time.

Just wondering, has the management at your establishment looked into a different system which would allow arrangements to be made for prepayments?
      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

this is kinda like hotels in a way, payment must be made during the stay by the person staying, unless a credit card authorization form has been sent in. We get some people who try to get around this by doing an online prepay thinking, oh they won't refuse to let the person check in if the card isn't in their name and i'm not there to authorize payment to my card... guess what, you don't have that card at check in or at the very least have an id that matches the name on the card, you aint checking in (i know from experience, i've before had to wait to check in while my mother faxed a credit card authorization form).
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

One would think that if she wanted something to be picked up by someone else, she would contact you to ask if that were possible.

No, wait. Sorry. I forgot where I was. I'm better now. I think. Lemme go check. BRB.
          This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Um
            why didn't she just give the money to the person that's picking it up then???
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
              Um
              why didn't she just give the money to the person that's picking it up then???
              Because that would make sense. And we all know how that goes.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Maybe she was legit, maybe she was a crook. Who knows ... having a friend pick up? Garbage.
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I know when you go to the Best Buy site and have a "pick up", they require you to bring the credit card and an id of the person who is purchasing the product online. You can't send a friend to pick up a "pick-up" Best Buy order.

So there are companies that don't even allow for friends to pick it up. As we have all said on this board many times, just because one company does it, doesn't mean everyone else does.

Comment

No, means NO, something all SCs should remember and have tattooed on their arms, legs, torso and in reverse on their forehead.
                    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
                      Just wondering, has the management at your establishment looked into a different system which would allow arrangements to be made for prepayments?

How I wish I could say they have. However, to the best of my knowledge, they haven't. With all the glitches in our current system, one would think it would be a priority... Yet this is not a common occurance. The vast majoriy of our customers picking up orders understand the concept of "No". It is rare someone gets this pissed over such a simple answer. Until it starts happening every other order, I doubt management will lift a finger. Don't blame them really, no sense in spending a ton of money to buy 200 some odd liscenses for a new order system when one lady can't get impossible through her thick skull.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                        No, means NO, something all SCs should remember and have tattooed on their arms, legs, torso and in reverse on their forehead.
                        That would be a complete and utter waste of time and money. They can't read anything inconvenient for them. They could physically resemble the words NO means NO and they STILL would not get it.
                        "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
                        James from Pokémon.

Comment

There is NOTHING more frustrating than having to explain a stupid, illogical policy to a customer.

Most of my customers are understanding when I explain the airlines' illogical policies to them. It helps when I commiserate a bit and sympathize and agree that they are silly, but that there's nothing I can do. However, there's ALWAYS the ones that have to act like it's my personal fault that they can't change their tickets, and will scream at me and attempt to make my life completely miserable for the next 30 minutes that I'm stuck on the phone with them.

Why can't people realize that 99 percent of the time, we (service clerks) have absolutely NO control over most policies? Ranting/raving and screaming is only going to serve to make me give you as LITTLE service as I can get away with without getting fired.
                          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Regarding the lady & friend in the OP, what about her friend arriving to pick it up, calling her & then her do a phone-credit authorization over the phone. That still might not be possible, but it beats her giving you grief.
                            I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth Xieg View Post
                              Me: Yeah told her that. Want her?
                              M: Not really.
                              Me: I'll hit the release button. Just give me the OK.
                              If only.

Comment

Working...
                              X