Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not working at a McDonalds, but i work in a store that has one on premesis.

Anyways. woman comes to the drive thru, orders food, and several items aren't ready by the time she get's there. She is asked to pull forward and park and it will be brought out for her.

Food is finished and crew member goes out with the food... Car is no where to be found in our parking lot or on the area of the exit where cars usually park for the food.

Crew member comes back, another goes out witht eh food. Can't find the car. Manager who took the order goes out with the food. STILL can't find the car. They pitch the food as she drove off without it even after paying.

10 minutes later the woman comes back through the drive thru bitching that they didn't bring out the food. The woman says she parked where the other waiting cars are and points behind her.

She apparently backed up through the drive thru, and parked in the EMPLOYEE PARKING LOT and waited there for someone to come for her.

A quick check of teh security camera proves she did indeed park in the lot with 3 other empy carsand waited there with her car running for someone to come out dispite the fact being told to "pull forward and park" and they'd bring it out for her.

They had to remake the whole order cause it was initally disposed of, woman rants and raves about how she's calling corporate. Manager even asked me for a statement cause I have better vantage of front of the store parking lot if her car is out there and I saw it's not. Corporate calls a few minutes later, Manager gives her statement along with the one I gave her. They ask if there is footage of her backing up. She says yes. Case closed. Woman doesn't get a refund

Comment

Quoth Elandora View Post
      A lady comes in and orders a small french fry, which I ring up. Then she hands me a Monopoly coupon, which would be well and fine, as we were still accepting them at the time, but her gamepiece was from 2004.
      What really shocks me about this is that she managed to hang on to one for that long. I can't keep track of them during the time the promotion is running.

Quoth xaenon View Post
      In the cartoon Sponge Bob Square Pants, Sponge Bob works at a fast-food
      place that sells Krabby Patties. I'm mildly embarrassed that I even know this.
      No reason to be embarrassed - that show is fantastically funny. My brother and I have spent an entire day watching a marathon while dog-sitting/doing laundry at my parents house.

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
      My grandmother buys happy meals for herself all year long because she says the regular value meals are too much food for her. She saves up the toys all year and gives them out at Halloween instead of candy.
      That is a really cool idea - I sometimes get Happy Meals when I'm not terribly hungry, but want something small to eat after work. McD's is on the way home, and a single cheeseburger and a small fries/Apple Dippers is plenty.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

New funny story

So a guy came through drive-thru and ordered four double cheeseburgers without pickle, extra onion. He comes storming up to me and demands the sandwiches be remade, since we didn't do them right. He explained that he had asked for extra onions and we hadn't given him any. I told him we could either get him a side cup full of extra onions for him to add at his leisure, or they could remake the sandwiches. He demanded they be made fresh and he also wanted new fries since they'd become cold since he picked up his order. No big deal, whatever. I chucked the order and called back the sandwiches, they guy wanted his fries without salt also, so we had to wait on fresh ones. The sandwiches came up, I'd watched them make the sandwiches, so I was fairly confident he'd be satisfied with these sandwiches. He opens one of the sandwiches and says we didn't put extra onions on again, that this is the same amount that was on there before.
        I looked in the sandwich, there was easily three or four times the normal portion of onions on there, and I told him so. He demanded his money back since we couldn't give him his food the way he wanted it. I told him then that we could take the sandwiches back and put MORE onions on it, which he agreed to. The kitchen staff was confused, they knew there were already extra onions on there, I had to tell them EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA *EXTRA* onions. The man was satisfied with the sandwiches, finally, but then complained that there weren't enough fries in the fry boxes. That might have had something to do with him yanking the sandwiches out from under the fries and spilling them inside the bag, but I offered to top them off, provided he didn't mind that the fries I'd top them off with had salt on them. At which point he stopped listening and started some tirade about how hard it was to get good service and get what you want, and how fast food kitchen employees can't understand english well enough to make the sandwiches correctly... I had to interrupt him to ask again, is it alright if the fries have salt on them. To his credit, he did not demand a new batch of saltless fries just to top these ones off.

To close off, before he left he said 'And I'm really not an asshole. These are for my wife, she's pregnant.' YEAH. RIGHT. Even if she was that horribly picky about her food, he had no right to go off on me about that, OR insult my kitchen staff. Your spouse's (who didn't even come to the store with you) phyiscal condition is no excuse for poor behavior, and should not give you such a sense of entitlement. I just kind of glowered at him as he left, and then we all laughed about it.

Comment

Shoot, when we got to a fast food place, we take whatever toy they have. It never fails that they are out of whatever toy is advertised. Which is fine. And the closest BK to me is often out of toys-period.

I do admit to being one of those dorks who becomes dumbfounded when asked "boy or girl". And I've got TWO BOYS! ARGH! Choices are HARD!

Do any of you remember, at one point, happy meals (or some other restaurant kiddie meal), coming in a plastic spaceship, with stickers you could put on it? It was in the mid-80's at the latest. I was thinking it was around the time that ET came out, but it doesn't seem to match.

Maybe I should go to the nearest fast food location that has been open since I was 5, and demand that they search the back for some. "No, I'm SURE you've got 'em! I mean, you may or may not have had them in 1983!, that's only 25 years ago, come on!"
          you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth Elandora View Post

type 2:
            Customer: Can I have a Cheeseburger happy meal?
            Me: Is that for a boy or girl?
            Customer: *takes a minute or so to respond* uh.. boy?

it's a simple question. basically "Please identify the gender of your child!"

Before I wrap this post up, I'll include a story from my brief employment at the local pet store. They sold puppies and kittens as well as some pet supplies.

A man comes in and buys an expensive Persian kitten, pays $1,200.00 for it. He is buying it for his girlfriend, who came in with him two days ago and wanted it. He fills out all the paperwork, loves on the kitten, is confused about the things regarding vet checks, but signs the papers anyway. He calls back not an hour after leaving the store demanding that he be able to return it because it is 'crazy'
            After several minutes of emphasizing our no returns policy, we get to talk to the girlfriend, whose piteous whining reveals the real reason for the trouble.

ITS EYES AREN'T BLUE.

hee hee! i order happy meals and im 20. so when they ask me what kind of toy i do usually take a min or 2. but they lady who works there knows me and is a sweet heart! i hope she never leaves! lol

as for the cat thing, thats horrible! who cares if its eyes are not blue! if you train your kitty right and give it tons of love it will be a loving loyal cat whos butt you can wake up to every morning!

and i agree! that much $$$ for a cat? i have a secret, come close. if you look in the paper some people give them away FREE. i know its a shocker hu?
            it's said that no sane person could bite another person and draw blood. I've done it before, but then again sanity has always been questionable in our family.

Comment

As for the cat pricing, the pet store I worked at typically priced its kittens at $500, (which is nuts because we got the kittens for free in the first place), but they were all vet-checked and had recieved their first shots, which is more than what you can get for free from the paper typically. The kitten was a purebred persian, with papers, and pre-neutered. The breeder charged us for this kitten, therefore it cost more.

Ridiculous kitten story: A man comes in with a load of kittens, all from the same litter. Two of them have point markings, you know the faded darker coloring around the nose, paws, and tail, like a siamese? Despite the former owner's lack of claiming that any of them were anything resembling purebred or even consciously bred, the petstore owner priced the two kittens with point coloring for two hundred more apiece, and put on the kennel they were in that they were 'half siamese', and therefore worth more. That still doesn't make any sense to me to this day. The kittens were certainly adorable, but I don't see how being HALF anything would make them worth more. just wrong on so many levels!

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                I remember how horrified I was when my dad and I went to McDonalds every Sunday, and, without fail, I'd get a boys' Happy Meal (remember my awful boys' haircut my grandmother insisted I must have, and my dumb parents agreed?).

After a few incidents like that, Dad made sure to ask for a girls' meal.
                I remember once a McDonalds worker handing me a girl's Happy Meal and me replying, "No thanks. I want the boy's one." She replied, "But you're a little girl, girls love dollies!" Me: "I hate dollies and I want a car." My dad just laughed and told the woman to give me a boy's Happy Meal.

As for the kitten people... grr. -.- I really hate people like this. My kitty was free, and I still love her to bits.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

While I wouldn't be averse to spending up to $500 for a purebred*, if that's what I wanted, I wouldn't try to return it if its eyes didn't match.

On the alter hand, I don't feel the need to own purebreds, and all three of the cats my wife and I have loved (two of which are still with us) were rescues/adoptions.

* I love Siamese cats (the traditional/applecheeks) and that's about how much a purebred costs.
                  The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

My editing training's kicking in hard right now, so I just wanted to chime in on the "Can I get" thing, and the can/may thing.

Yes, "Can I get" is technically a request to go grab it themselves, and it should be "Can I have." Fairly minor point of grammar though.

The can/may thing, however... People who insist that it should be "may" annoy me to no end, because "may" is asking permission. "May I have your phone number" is so weak-spined to my ears that it's sickening. "Can" is asking if it is possible. Yes, a smart-ass can just answer "yes", but then you just say "okay, what is it?"
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I don't mind the "Can I..." people. There are a lot of worse things they could say. I heard the lady in front of me at Wendy's say, "I want blah blah and you're going to make it right this time. No bullshit."

Quoth DarkProwler View Post
                      It's from Spongebob Squarepants. That's what they call the hamburgers they make in the Krusty Krab restaurant he works at.
                      You know what I don’t understand about the Krabby Patty thing is what are they made of? Is it crabs? If so, wouldn’t that be like cannibalism for Mr. Krabs and if it’s beef, where are the cows that live underwater?

Comment

Even if the policy is no returns . . . upon hearing that they don't like the cat because its eyes are not blue . . .I would make an exception in that case to ensure the cat gets a good home.

As for the price of pets. Where I live pet mills (especially dog related) have been on the rise. A lot of the local pet stores no longer carry cats or dogs . . . the only way is to adopt when one of the rescue groups shows up. Anymore they seem to overcharge for what they have mostly in an attempt to get funds for their organization.

Personally I own a pure bred and I don't mind telling that I paid for it. The breed is not common - less than 2,000 of them in the US.
                        I giving a standing ovation to those that adopt pets/ give them better homes than what they had from rescue facilities. That was not the right choice for me.
                        I have had my dog for over 6 years now . . .she is the love of my life. And the breeder I bought her from is now a wonderful friend. (also, an approved breeding policy)

Comment

I have read so many drive-thru stories on this site, that I am glad I never had the opportunity to work at any of them. But, I have been able to witness arguments at drive-thrus plenty of times. In fact, I have seen people who are not in a car walk right up to the drive-thru for things. A while back at Taco Bell, some guy walked up yelling at the cashier because he was denied hot sauce. Thing was, he had nothing in his hands! This was after the place had closed for sitting down, but you could still do drive-thru. All I wanted was a stinking burrito, and I had to wait for this.

I'm also thankful to never work at a drive-thru with the You Tube videos that have surfaced lately. I feel for those poor employees.

Comment

Quoth Neo_Classic View Post

You know what I don’t understand about the Krabby Patty thing is what are they made of? Is it crabs? If so, wouldn’t that be like cannibalism for Mr. Krabs and if it’s beef, where are the cows that live underwater?
                            That would be sea cows, of course! *snerk* http://www.greenpeace.org/raw/image_...-sea-cow-2.jpg

I waste far too much time answering random questions. XD
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
                              Where I live pet mills (especially dog related) have been on the rise.

You wouldn't BEGIN to believe how many people came in and accused us of getting puppies from puppy mills! It was ridiculous, people would come in and LOUDLY declare that it was cruel for us to run our business, and many came in looking to purchase with the mentality that they were rescuing a poor helpless and abused animal. The puppies at our store were all bred at AKC registered breeders, whose homes and practices were all inspected no less than twice a year. All of them had registration papers, whether they were mixed or purebred. Honestly, do you think it would be possible for a store to LEGALLY stay open if they got puppies from puppy mills? Anyone stupid enough to run such an establishment must be in the running for a Darwin award.
                              Last edited by Broomjockey; 01-31-2008, 04:38 PM. Reason: edit quotes please

Comment

Elandora
                                I am sorry if my post came across as accusing pet stores of doing something wrong.
                                The stores themselves have chosen to not sell animals. I have not heard or read that any of them were accused of selling puppy mill animals.
                                With only being able to purchase from rescue organizations or go to breeders directly it has led to the end of some mills. (People wanting to purchase animals became active in putting a stop to cruel treatment.)

I also wanted to stand up for those of us that have chosen to pay a larger sum of money our four legged children.
                                As I said I think that anyone who adopts/ rescues an animal from a shelter or rescue organization is doing a good thing. That wasn't the right choice for me for many reasons . . .one being health related.

Comment

Working...
                                X