This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who don't understand coupons

A customer came into the cafe I work at with a 'free small beverage' coupon.
    Me: "Hi there! What can I get for you?"
    Old Guy: "I have a free drink coupon. I want a large marshmallow mocha."
    He handed me a coupon that clearly says small.
    Me: "Sir, I'm sorry but this is only good for a small. If you want, we can deduct the price of the small from the large."
    OG: "Well, never mind then. I don't want a small, I want a large."
    I just stared at him as he walked away.
    I also had a customer walk away from me before I could even tell them we'd deduct the price of the small from the large. But dang! I mean it IS clearly written on the coupons we get like this that they are for a small. We're technically only supposed to give them free smalls, but people complained, so we do the difference for them.

Welcome to the site.

If you read these boards for any length of time you will come to find out the customers can't read.
    I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Quoth donruss View Post
      If you read these boards for any length of time you will come to find out the customers can't read.
      Of course they can - if the word 'Free' is anywhere on what they're reading.

Comment

Ah selective reading...goes right along with selective hearing. Maybe if the the higher ups would let us use clue x 4's with the logic nail upgrade (had to steal your idea mtnlaurelpoacher), the world of CS would be a better place (after all the blood and bodies had been cleaned up)
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

Quoth baristagal View Post
          We're technically only supposed to give them free smalls, but people complained, so we do the difference for them.
          I'm impressed you guys even do that much. A lot of places have no alterations to their coupon system, so these people should be thankful they're getting something extra at a reduced price. I know I would be!

As a side note: I have never had a marshmallow mocha but at this particular moment I would do anything to have one.

Comment

Hehe, reminds me of when I was working in a cafe and we had coupons that said

"Enjoy one of our delicious muffins and get a free small coffee to wash it down with!" in large letters followed by "coupon entitles bearer to one free small size coffee only when purchased with a muffin" in smaller (but readable text) then on the back was the small print (stupidly damn small but had the usual thins they have to say, expiry dates etc)

We had soo many people wanting large coffees, or hot chocolates, or milkshakes.

but the worst was when we had people give us the coupons and ask for just a coffee claiming that the coupon said free coffee so they wanted a coffee
            "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
            Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Well! He just picked up his toys and went home, didn't he?

People are the biggest friggin' babies, I swear....walking out and leaving behind a small free mocha because you're mad it's not a large? That's just crazy-talk.
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

i take advanctage of that stuff at AMC all the time. See I am a avid movie goer, once a week, before any SCs can show. So i joined the speciel frequent movie goers club, where i in the last 6 monthes ive raked up more than 120 points, and often i get vouchers for Free small this or small that and they will upgrade to a large or medium for x amount (50 cents for medium, a dollar for a large) i like to take advantage because hey im still saving 3.50

Comment

I agree with Peppergirl, what a baby that man was.

You would think that if you like mocha enough to want a large of it, then when told the coupon isn't good for a large, but rather for a small, you would take the small and be gracious you got anything for free.

Oh wait. . .

That makes sense. Sense, either Common or Acquired, is Not Allowed on .

Comment

Quoth Darkforge View Post
                    Hehe, reminds me of when I was working in a cafe and we had coupons that said

"Enjoy one of our delicious muffins and get a free small coffee to wash it down with!" in large letters followed by "coupon entitles bearer to one free small size coffee only when purchased with a muffin" in smaller (but readable text) then on the back was the small print (stupidly damn small but had the usual thins they have to say, expiry dates etc)

We had soo many people wanting large coffees, or hot chocolates, or milkshakes.

but the worst was when we had people give us the coupons and ask for just a coffee claiming that the coupon said free coffee so they wanted a coffee
                    I can actually see people wanting a substitution to a similar item without it being sucky (like from coffee to hot chocolate, because not everyone drinks coffee) but expecting a different size or just something for free without buying the muffin is pretty dang sucky.
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                    X