This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth protege View Post
    Speaking of schedules...I've had people see my model railroad's webpage, which has a similar name to a certain train station in NYC...and then get annoyed when I can't provide them with Amtrak schedules. Somehow, I really doubt they'd be able to fit their 1/1 scale self into my 1/87 scale Amtrak train
    Ever see that episode of Twilight Zone?

Quoth Boozy View Post

"We can take the Spruce Moose! Hop in!"

"But sir..."

"I said, Hop in..."
    Hehe.."...it will carry 200 passengers from the New York’s Idlewild Airport to the Belgian Congo in 17 minutes!"

Comment

Caller: Uh, yeah, is Amber there?
      I used to get calls like that when I lived in Seattle. "Is Janet there?"

The first couple times, OK, but after that I got tired of this guy just being a twit. So, I started having fun.

First time:

Me: "Sorry, she's in the shower, can I take a message?"
      Him: Um, *click*

Second time:

Me: "We're kind of busy right now ... mmm, yeah, like that? ... can I have her call you back?"
      Him: "What?"
      Me: "Sorry, distracted ..." *click*

Third time:

Me: "She's indisposed right now. Can I take a message?"
      Him: "What do you mean by that?"
      Me: "She's a little busy. Can I take a message?"
      Him: "Wha?"
      Me: "Look, she's got her mouth full."
      Him: *click*

He stopped calling. I was happy.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth guywithashovel View Post
        Several years ago, I got this at home. The phone rang. I answered it.

Me: Hello?

Me: I'm sorry, you have the wrong number.

Caller: Uh...no I don't.

Me: Yes, you do. Nobody named Amber lives here.

Caller: Uh, yeah, WHATEVER.

I guess there was the slight chance that some girl named Amber was living in my closet without me knowing it. But if I did live with someone named Amber, I think I would have known about it.

Also, I was guessing that Amber was his girlfriend. That kind of makes me wonder how things have worked out for him and Amber. I wonder if they're still together, and if they have any kids.
        This wasn't a phone call, but it DOES involve Amber.

I came home one night and there was a note shoved under my apartment door. Addressed to Amber. My name is not Amber. Nor is my girlfriend's name. Still, I'm nosey and it's in my apt. so I opened the note and read it.

It sounded like a note from a shy kid to a girl he's got a crush on. Even left his number, so I figured I'd be nice and call to let him know he had the wrong place, rather than thinking the girl had no interest in him. Got the machine left a vague message about the note to Amber not being in the correct apartment.

An hour later, there's an knock at the door. I answer and it's a guy old enough to my grandfather demanding that I let him speak to Amber. He spouted off awhile about how her being 50 years younger will not stand in the way of their love and they CAN be together!

I, several times, repeated that I am obviously not Amber and no one by that name lives at this apartment. He insisted I was hiding her. Finally had to call the cops and he took off before they showed up...

Sorry he got your number, man. But at least he didn't show up at your house!

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post

I, several times, repeated that I am obviously not Amber and no one by that name lives at this apartment. He insisted I was hiding her. Finally had to call the cops and he took off before they showed up...

Sorry he got your number, man. But at least he didn't show up at your house!
          Yeah, I guess I should count my blessings on that one. ha

Actually, I didn't fret much over getting that call. It actually amused me...and it gave me a funny story to tell for the rest of my life.

Now...I wonder how YOUR Amber is doing with her man? Hmmm....

Comment

lol....

Me: I'm sorry, this is not a daycare. This is a car dealership.
            Customer: Look, I know what number I called. You need to learn to do your job.
            Of course Ma'am. You would like to file a complaint with the dealership for not being a daycare... OK, would you like me to transfer you to the Dealership manager? I think he's finishing up closing a car sale, but let me check....:

(with or without a side comment to an imaginary co-worker...)
            "Hey... wow nice sledge hammer... let me guess, another stuck roter?... Yes ma'm I'm still locating the manager..."

(and i'm sure my car terms aren't accurate but... that's not the point... at some point she's going to realize... "wait a minute... daycares don't have things like sledge hammers...." *OH, they're not a daycare!*)

Comment

Quoth CrackedMyself View Post
              This one is a few months old, but it still baffles me.

Everyone who answers phones has gotten the odd person (or maybe it's not so unusual) who insists on arguing with you when you inform them they have the wrong number. This woman argued--but there was a twist.
              Me: Good evening. Thank you for calling YYY Car Dealership. How can I help?
              Customer: Is this ZZZ Daycare?
              Me: No, this is YYY Car Dealership.
              Customer: OK, well, I need to arrange for my daughter to stay late tomorrow.
              Me: I apologize for the inconvenience. I can look up the number to ZZZ Daycare if you'd like.
              Customer: No, because this IS ZZZ Daycare. Your supervisor is going to hear about this! Where did you say you work? YYY Car Dealership? What's your number?

Um...what?
              "Come here and buy 10 cars off me, then I'll look over your child for one day, on me!"
              Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Quoth guywithashovel View Post

Me: I'm sorry, you have the wrong number.

Caller: Uh...no I don't.

Me: Yes, you do. Nobody named Amber lives here.
                And that is why you shouldn't say "You have the wrong number". It's better to say "There's no one here by that name."

I would have to go through that a billion times when I first got my cell phone.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I got a call on my cell phone:

Me: Hello

Her: Let me speak to Rene

Me: Sorry, wrong number

Her: NO IT'S NOT! Why would she give me this number if it isn't hers?

Me: (thinking it's because she doesn't like you) I have no clue why, but you have the wrong number!

She hung up.
                  Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Customer: No, because this IS ZZZ Daycare. Your supervisor is going to hear about this! Where did you say you work? YYY Car Dealership? What's your number?[/INDENT]

Um...what?
                    It sounds like she thought you worked at both YYY and ZZZ and that you had forgotten which one you were currently at. Then she was going to complain to YYY although she thought you were ZZZ, because in her mind you answered the ZZZ phone acting like it was YYY.

Which still is a serious
                    My Pointless Links collection.

Comment

I had a lady argue with me after I told her that we weren't a hotel. She kept insisting that she needed somewhere to stay desperately, I was getting worried, I thought she was going to ask if she could stay with me!

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                        I thought she was going to ask if she could stay with me!
                        It could have been your lucky night.
                        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

probaly an old hag though cinema guy...

Comment

And you need to learn how to dial a damn phone, apparently.

Comment

A friend of mine worked for a shoe store and their number was similar to that of a drive in movie theater (which is now no longer in business). Went something like this:

Friend: "Thank you for calling ****shoes during our (whatever sale) how can I help you??

SC: What time is <whatever movie> playing tonight.

Comment

Quoth redmountaingoldfish View Post
                                It sounds like she thought you worked at both YYY and ZZZ and that you had forgotten which one you were currently at. Then she was going to complain to YYY although she thought you were ZZZ, because in her mind you answered the ZZZ phone acting like it was YYY.

Which still is a serious
                                Wow thanks a lot. Now my head hurts after reading that Nah she's going to complain 'cuz you wouldn't magically change into a daycare.
                                Last edited by Bramble; 02-03-2008, 10:55 PM. Reason: can't spell lol
                                My Wajas cave

Comment

Working...
                                X