Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone forgot to close the looney locker!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone forgot to close the looney locker!

I'm pretty sure this guy was an escaped nutbag.

I got to witness a special breed of SC today. His arrival was announced with a bang, literally. He was driving his truck up to our service doors, which are big overhead garage type roll-up doors. The door he was pulling up to was closing, so instead of slowing and honking his horn to let one of the writers know he was there so they could reopen it for him, he speeds up and tries to make it under the door before it closed. No such luck............BANG! He put a dent in the roof of his truck( ) and bent the bottom of the door. It still closes, but we will need to get it fixed.

Sucky enough, right? No.

He wanted his oil changed, fine. But...................he also wanted the lube guy to PICK ALL OF TINY PEBBLES OUT OF THE TREAD OF HIS TIRES. For free, of course. His reason? They make it ride bad(they don't). The writer explained to him that this would take over an hour and would be completely pointless, as the tires would pick up more pebbles as soon as he drove it again. He didn't like this of course and started spouting off about bad customer service. The writer held fast, thankfully. No pebble plucking went on today.

He couldn't possibly get worse, right? Wrong.

He now wants us to put little plastic plugs in all of the tiny holes in his fender liners. These are the plastic shields that go inside the wheelwell to keep water and debris from splashing into the engine compartment. The little holes he wanted covered were 5 little go-nowhere holes in each liner for purposes only GM knows. They are not used to hold the liner in, I have no idea why they are there. Why did he want them plugged? They are ugly and make the truck look "cheap". Never mind that to even see them while the wheel is on requires a flashlight and contortions................but I digress. We actually did this for him. 10 little plugs at $1.38 each and half an hour of labor, which is $49. A fool and his money are soon parted. We had to get something back for the door he bent.

On top of all of that he raised a stink because we wouldn't fix his roof dent which was caused wholly by his own ineptitude. The VP of ops had to come deal with that one. How much carnage and chaos can one SC cause?
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

I woulda charged him for the door...

Also, $1.38 each? If they're the plugs I'm thinking of... talk about a mark-up, those things cost you guys what? 5 cents? Though they might be something different than what I'm thinking of...
    <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
      I would have too. However, I'm just that kind of guy.

Eric the Grey
      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Please try to find out if he was billed for the door. If he wasn't, your management is the biggest collection of sucky managers on the planet.

Those "extra" holes are probably so that the fender liners can be used on different makes or years.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

He should be, but they won't. I already know they'll just use insurance for it.

Also, $1.38 each? If they're the plugs I'm thinking of... talk about a mark-up, those things cost you guys what? 5 cents? Though they might be something different than what I'm thinking of...
          These are genuine GM push in type retainers. They actually cost us about .80 cents. No way was I doing this twit a favor by using the bulk ones.

Quoth marasbaras View Post
          Please try to find out if he was billed for the door. If he wasn't, your management is the biggest collection of sucky managers on the planet.
          He won't be, and I already know how spineless they are when it comes to this type of thing.

Quoth marasbaras View Post
          Those "extra" holes are probably so that the fender liners can be used on different makes or years.
          I thought of that, but this particular liner is only for the type of truck he has. I looked it up to see. The holes were in weird spots that wouldn't be used for fastening, so my best guess is they are leftover from the manufacturing process.
          Last edited by Broomjockey; 02-03-2008, 06:19 AM. Reason: multi-quote
          I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

On top of all of that he raised a stink because we wouldn't fix his roof dent which was caused wholly by his own ineptitude. The VP of ops had to come deal with that one. How much carnage and chaos can one SC cause?
            Sir... no. In fact you need to be thankful that we're not charging YOU for the damage to our door.

It is not our fault that you cannot drive properly.

Comment

It sounds to me like he wanted to sell the car and thought he could get a cheap tune-up before doing so.
              What a moron, though.

It's rainin', rainin', on the streets of New York City.

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy
                He won't be, and I already know how spineless they are when it comes to this type of thing.
                I hope that they at least won't fix his roof.

God, that pisses me off. Guys like him are why we all pay higher insurance rates (besides insurance corporate greed, of course). And, guys like your wimpy managers (not your fault they're worthless spineless scum).

How do we go about convincing these spineless managers that they create SCs by being willing to get talked into anything?
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

This is what I would put on his invoice:

COMPLAINT: Dent in hood
                  CAUSE: Driving into service area while door closing
                  CORRECTION: Replace door
                  Qty 1 [NO PART NUMBER] Overhead door $55555.55
                  Labour to install Overhead door 4 hours $100 per hour $400.00

COMPAINT: Dent not fixed
                  CAUSE: Not covered in warranty, customer refuses to pay
                  CORRECTION: None
                  Otaku

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
                    he also wanted the lube guy to PICK ALL OF TINY PEBBLES OUT OF THE TREAD OF HIS TIRES.

The little holes he wanted covered were 5 little go-nowhere holes in each liner for purposes only GM knows. Never mind that to even see them while the wheel is on requires a flashlight and contortions................but I digress.
                    Adrian Monk has a side job as a trucker? (ooh, episode idea)
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
                      He now wants us to put little plastic plugs in all of the tiny holes in his fender liners...(snip)... The little holes he wanted covered were 5 little go-nowhere holes in each liner for purposes only GM knows...(snip)... 10 little plugs at $1.38 each and half an hour of labor, which is $49. A fool and his money are soon parted. We had to get something back for the door he bent.
                      Oh... my... gawd... someone help me find my ass... it fell off and I can't see cuz I'm laughing too hard...

62 bucks just because he wanted the vent holes covered!!

holy freaking CRAP!!

BTW I was told by my one of my instructors that those holes to which you refer are expansion holes. They help keep the plastic from cracking due to temperature changes. completely unneccsary (spell? nope cant do it) but there ya have it.

Comment

Working...
                      X