Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers, good thoughts, luck spells...

Al went into work the other day with his vaping mod in his pocket. Completely forgot about it.

And today he was fired over it. (Some kind of one-strike factory policy)

He is freaking out, saying he's worthless, who will hire him at anywhere NEAR his pay rate without a degree at almost 30 when he's been fired from Hellmart and now this...

All in all it is not looking like it'll be a good day.

Just when we were actually doing well and actually being able to pay bills on time!
    Last edited by Tama; 11-13-2015, 09:23 PM.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

*Hugs* to both of you. Remind Al that his job does not determine his worth and that you care about him no matter what. In the meantime, I'll pray that he finds a job soon where he can use his current skills and gain new ones in a supportive environment.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

There's an opening or two at the place where a friend of his (who lives literally a street over from us) works, and some kind of computer/code system/what have you that he is trained in. Said buddy is going to talk to his HR about Al, see what he can do, etc when Al applies on Monday.

So again, good thoughts, please?
      Last edited by Tama; 11-15-2015, 06:34 AM.
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Prayers and hugs to you. <3
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Aw, that sucks! Well, maybe he's meant to be somewhere else and it will be better, and he'd never have found it had this not happened. <3
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
          X