This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little closer to one of my goals!

Warning: Contains video game content that you may or may not care about. If you have never heard to Team Fortress 2 you will most likely have no idea what I'm talking about. If you have and/or do play TF2 - PM me your steam ID so I can play with you.

As I posted in Jester's New Years resolution thread, one of my goals for this year is to get into the TF2 competitive scene. Specifically I wanted to get into a UGC Highlander team as Scout, but I am planning a wedding and working full time so I won't have the flexibility to compete this year.

However, I did get a taste of Highlander this weekend. For those who don't know, there are nine different classes in TF2 and the Highlander mode pits teams of 9 against each other. It's called Highlander because THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE . . . of each class. So each team gets one Scout, one Soldier, ect.

I was Scout for my team and a real life friend of mine played our Sniper. See? Real life friend! I'm not a total loser. I play Outside every now and then. The graphics are amazing but let me tell ya, I'm really not diggin' the gameplay and don't even get me started on the NPC AI.

Anyway, our team [Team Fungeek] was pitted as the underdogs. Not to spoil the ending but I think an 8 to 2 victory changed their minds.

Here's a glimpse of the scoreboard.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/metisle...2932183055#_=_

I know this isn't as epic as Jester's chili cookoffs but it's something I enjoy, and I work hard to be the best, most rage-inducing Scout I can be. Maybe next year I can play in a real tourney. If you've read this, thank you for humoring my dorkiness.

TL/DR: I played a TF2 Highlander game and my team won. I really need to play Outside more often, but I refuse to until they patch the horrible AI.
Working...
X