Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the listing says it won't work on your configuration why did you buy it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth bsaana View Post
    If my wife and I hadn't moved so many times in the past, and if we still had more room I would still have a couple of CRTs around. At least with it lasting so long you missed out on $600 19" LCDs that weren't even widescreen.
    Not exactly. I did buy a 15" LCD standard monitor for my second computer (runs MS-DOS 6.22) for $420.00 back in 2001. I still have that one.

My 19" CRT monitor was $888 in 1998, and my wife's 19" CRT was $998 in 1999.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      Not exactly. I did buy a 15" LCD standard monitor for my second computer (runs MS-DOS 6.22) for $420.00 back in 2001. I still have that one.

My 19" CRT monitor was $888 in 1998, and my wife's 19" CRT was $998 in 1999.
      I was finishing high school in 99-00, and getting into a bit of college, and being in the middle of nowhere here I had no idea they got that pricey. There's not many stores out here that carry that stuff. Although I remember back to 1991 or was it 1992, my parents got the first PC for the family. Had to drive 3 or so hours to Denver to get it.

Comment

Its funny how cheap things are these days. You can get a very nice 23" widescreen for less than $200.

Back then it would have cost as much as a car.

Comment

Working...
        X