Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got a bottle of bailey's irish cream...

After reading the brain hemorrhage thread I forgot I had a bottle of it sitting in the fridge. And I would reeeaaaallly like to use it for a recipe/recipes before it goes bad this year.

I'm open for suggestions , I'm just appalled J (and myself) haven't used it enough.

Some of the bottles in my liquor are at least 5 years old. Wine never lasts that long.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Suggestions for Bailey's? That's easy. Get a glass. Pour Bailey's in it. Sip. Relax. Enjoy your good fortune.

Or, if that's too simple for you, make yourself some Girl Scout Cookies: hot chocolate with Bailey's and peppermint schnapps. Taste just like Thin Mints!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

I like Jester's first suggestion. Girl Scout Cookies are really good, too. I also found a Girl Scout Cookie recipe that says to add Kahlua as well.

Another suggestion is that you can get some Guinness and some Jameson Irish whiskey and make Irish car bombs. Take a glass and fill it about 1/2 to 3/4 full with Guinness. Take a shot glass and fill it with 1/2 Jameson and 1/2 Bailey's. Drop the shot glass into the glass of Guinness and chug before the Bailey's curdles.

Comment

How did *I* forget about Irish car bombs? Hell, they're the unofficial official unofficial shot of the staff at my bar. Unofficially, of course.

Oh, yeah...it's 8 am. That's how.

Still A Customer."

Comment

You're slipping, Jester I love those things. Probably one of my favorite shots.

Comment

Slipping my ass. It's 8 am, and I have never been a morning person. This is not news.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Just teasing you I'm not a morning person either. Not sure why I'm even awake.

Here's a couple more suggestions.

Nutella:
                1/2 oz Bailey's Irish Cream
                3 oz Vanilla Ice Cream
                1/2 oz Dark Creme de Cacao
                1/2 oz Hazelnut Liqueur

Blend ingredients with ice. My friends made this before. I didn't get to try it, but they said it was amazing. They also made a drink that actually had Nutella in it, but I don't remember the recipe for that. Another thing you could make is a mudslide. There are several different ways to make those. This website lists a few. http://www.drinksmixer.com/cat/330/

Comment

Easiest way to make a mudslide: equal parts vodka, Bailey's, and Kahlua in a blender. Add vanilla ice cream. Blend. Swirl chocolate syrup around inside of glass, to make cobwebby looking lines. Pour mudslide in glass. Drink. Enjoy.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Replace the cream in your coffee with the Bailey's
                    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

lol I did that this morning

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                        Replace the cream in your coffee with the Bailey's
                        Effective treatment for a hangover
                        "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Make a chocolate milkshake, add Bailey's. Yummy stuff!
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

That sounds yummy

looked in my fridge and noticed another bottle hiding behind the beer and it's this California Brand Butterscoth Schnapps. I forgot that it was there! >>

I know of the bacardi rum, white goose vodka and Vietnam Moonshine (damn you military, lucky bastards).

Man what am I gonna do with that? Can it be mixed with the bailey's? It smells geeewwwd =9

Comment

Another for the Bailey's - dark chocolate brownies, bake as per the directions, when they come out of the oven, poke holes all over with a toothpick, pour some Bailey's on top.
                              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
                              X