Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been in other groups where the mods did nothing but pat each other's backs and pick on the members. It got so bad that it went from a group of 450 members to 75 within 3 years.

The mods (and the members here) have been so welcoming and friendly. I don't think I've even been around so many nice people in my life. And knowing that people actually care about each other is just wonderful.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I also have to chime in with my gratitude for this site and for the mods and Raps!! I do not post very often, mainly because I don't have a whole lot to say and most of my customers are pretty decent, and well because I am too darn lazy to write stuff down!! Ha! I DO visit this site daily and read pretty much every thing! I am always facinated by the warmth and caring that a group of people from all walks of life and all over the world give to each other. This forum has become almost like family to me, I love catching up with each person's life and I actually think of each one as a member of my family in some way! I visit other sites for the joy of reading stuff and I always compare, thinking to myself "oh I know Ree would not allow someone to say that on CS", or "if they were talking like that on CS they would be banned or the thread closed". This site sets precendence on how a site should be run and how moderators should act! So Raps and Mods stand tall we salute you for bringing proper site ettiqette to the world of internet! I believe all sites should take a lesson from this site!! GREAT JOB GUYS AND GALS!!

Comment

This is the only forum I've ever stuck around on (really the first I ever bothered to post on but I only post anywhere else very occasionally, and some no longer because it wasn't worth it). Part of that is the people in general but the other part is how the mods keep this place a pleasant place to be. Between the forums and chat...I don't know anymore what I'd do without what my former roommate once referred to as my "little box of people"
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'm with everyone else here. Gotta love this place. Love it, love it, love it. I recently joined another forum for discussion about my new little dog. Just trying to get some information about the breed, what to expect, housebreaking tips, etc. I have never in my life seen more pretentious butts in my life!

But here, it's different. It doesn't matter if you are rich or poor, sick or healthy, black/white/red/purple. It seems that for the most part, everyone cares and doesn't mind showing it. And even if there is the occasional post where someone were to get out of hand, the mods handle it very well. I've not seen any time myself where the offender was called out in public. It's all been handled quietly on the back scene.....as it should.

Continue the good work, mods. You guys are great!

Comment

*hugs the mods* YAY MODS!
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
              *hugs the mods* YAY MODS!
              *joins in the hugfest* ^^
              "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

As someone who is all too familiar with receiving infractions here, allow me to chime in.

Even when I did not agree with the decisions or the rulings of the mods--and those times were plentiful--they always explained their side of things civilly, and at WORST we would agree to disagree.

Lord knows I am not one to always stay within the lines, and when I have crossed a line that should not be crossed, the mods have let me know. Oftentimes I saw their point, sometimes I didn't, but they never had the attitude of, "Well, Jester, that's just the way it is, so deal with it." They were always patient with me, sometimes discussing a single infraction over multiple PMs.

Are our mods perfect? Oh, hell no. I think they would be the first to tell you they aren't.

But do our mods kick other sites' mods asses? Oh, HELL YES. Chuck Norris took moderating lessons from CS mods!

I don't always complain about my customers, but when I do, I do so at CustomersSuck.com. Stay awesome, my mods.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Are our mods perfect? Oh, hell no. I think they would be the first to tell you they aren't.
                  A very common sight in the mods-only forum is 'Does this post <link> cross the line?'

And it's not just from the newer mods. Those of us who hold strong opinions will usually ask before doing anything about a post that crosses those opinions: we don't want to make an unfair ruling because someone disagrees with us!

We're human. Humans aren't perfect. But we're a team, and we use that fact to try to be more perfect than a lone human could be.
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I still remember how awesome the mods were when, way back when, two of my particularly bad customers actually tracked me down to here, and made a couple of very, very nasty posts. Or tried to, at least. Mods were like OH NO YOU DON'T.

I've always, always appreciated that SO much. Never forgot it, never will. ^^
                    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Working...
                    X