This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In A Single Voice Of Rage

Yes, there are flippin' cats ( Among other things ) again. By popular request. ;p

Adventure!

SC: “But it says 24 hours!”

Normally, I would belittle and demean you at length for bringing such absurdity to my doorstep at 5am. But sadly, it does in fact say “Call 24 hours” on the catalogue and I can offer no defense to your cunning logic. However, it does not specify what to call 24 hours for. It just leaves it blank in a sort of “Choose your Own Adventure” kind of way:

If you called to place an order, go to page 5
    If you called to inquire about the status of an order, go to page 8
    If you called to change an order, go to page 11
    If you called to whine about how you haven’t gotten a refund on something you sent back yet because you desperately need the money to feed your meth / Cheetos / compulsively purchasing DVD boxed sets of remastered seasons of Hee-Haw addiction, go to page 13.

I'm pretty sure I can guess which page you're on.

Time Warp, part 482

SC: “What time is it there?”
    Me: “6am.”
    SC: “But it’s 9am here in the States.”

Is it now? The nation as a whole has actually managed to transcend space and time by carving out its own pocket dimension wherein it exists solely by its own time space rule set? Damn, I'm going to need a hell of a lot more then a passport to cross the border now, aren't I?

Choke! Choke on your Stereotype!

SC: “You’re in Canada? Wow! Ya’ll gotta lot of snow there I bet!”
    Me: “No, not at all. None actually. Haven't had snow in a month or so now.”
    SC: “…oh….umm....we have lots down here.”

No worries, I'm sure we can spare a maple smoked whale blubber laden dog sled team driven by a flannel clad lumberjack that's part of an amateur curling team to help get you through it......eh.

I Came Close

Wow, it took me 20 minutes just to guide you through the overtly complex, arduous task of typing a url into a browser before we could even begin the epic adventure that was simply installing the software. I really have to hand it to you. I’ve been working here many a year and this is the first time I’ve ever actually gotten up and begun wrapping my head set cord around my neck with every increasing…snugness….just in case the sweet embrace of death ended up being the only way to get the hell away from you.

Its a testament to our staff that my coworkers merely looked up and nodded sympathetically while I was slowly throttling myself.

What Has Been Seen Cannot be Unseen

The thong, oh God the thong. Curse you, Skytrain. If I wanted to see that I’d mix up 15lbs of bread dough and let it rise in a garbage bag for 3 hours before pouring it halfway out on the floor and running a piece of dental floss through the middle. I could do it too, I got a break maker for Christmas.

One Down

Thank you for calling just to moan erotically then hang up on me. I’m not entirely sure what the point of it was or what hopes or dreams you had that you were trying to fulfill by doing so. I can only wish you the best and hope that you just managed to scratch something off of your life’s To-Do List. Even if it does seem like the list was written entirely in crayon.

Don't Build Em Like They Use Too

Your kitchen window “Just fell out” did it? I may be not a carpenter, contractor or even well versed in the correct use of a power drill ( Hint: Aim it away from your face. ) but I’m pretty sure when windows are installed into an apartment complex they are secured into place quite firmly by some means. I’m not precisely sure how. It may be nails, it may be pixie dust, but they are pretty firmly wedged in there. So excuse me if I'm a bit skeptical of your "I just touched it!" defense.

A Quest
    ( This was an on call tech's voicemail recording, fyi )

“Hi, you’ve reached Bob with <company> Services. I’m not available at this point.”

Damn. Fine, I’ll just keep playing till I reach the next save point then.

Sadness

So you called in to tell me to tell Bob and James that you won’t be in today…..then told me that they both already knew this. Thus nullifying my entire purpose of existence in a single call. I weep.

The Parkade!

SC: “Yeah, we parked in the parkade but it closed at 10pm!”

….and its currently, lemme see, almost 1am. You know it’s been a while since I’ve heard the pitiful parking whines of those who can’t seem to read a clock properly. So you’ll excuse me if I take a moment to bath in the nostalgia of your particular brand of idiocy. It’s been so long. <deep breath> ahhhh….ok, I’m done. You can go away now.

You just spent more money on pants in a single order then I think I’ve spent on pants in my entire lifetime. Why do you need so many pairs of pants? Are you hoping that after the world is devastated by nuclear war and nations collapse into ruin then the scattered survivors will forgo money and use denim as currency? Then you can rise to power with your newfound wealth and rule over the mutated remnants of man? Or are you really managing to wear out a pair a week somehow? Just because the dog drags her ass across the carpet as her primary form of transportation doesn’t mean you have to too, you know.

Viva La Revolution!

No I don’t know if any of these hotels are on the strip. Nor will I suddenly gain such knowledge if you just keep asking me over and over and over. Then, unsatisfied with my lack of divine omni-sentience, you began pestering the Delta Airlines rep. Who told you repeatedly that she was helping someone else and to please wait for a moment. Undaunted you persisted until she told you no, they weren’t on the friggan strip. Displeased, you turned your ire back to me and declined to take any of my room offers as none of them were geographically satisfactory. So after wasting my time and annoying both me and her, you didn’t even book a room.

You know, when the revolution begins and the tireless drones of the customer service industry rises up as one in a single voice of rage and resentment from years of abuse before we take to the streets; It will be you and your ilk that we drag kicking and screaming out of your homes as you cling desperately to your cell phone and triple Venci maple nut crunch Starbucks espresso desperately screaming “The customer is always right!” in an vain attempt to justify years with of belittling and rampant jackassry in the face of our clawing, angry monkey-like mob vengeance.

The end is coming, my friend. Be prepared.

Full of Win

I received a call from Sergeant Power evening. Sergeant Power. Its kind of hard to top that kind of awesome. I wonder if he can shoot lasers out of his face or something.

Argh...

Me: “When you arrive make sure you show them the voucher”
    SC: “uh..the what?”
    Me: “The blue voucher you received from the airline?”
    SC: “…uh……..”
    Me: “…the piece of paper they gave you?”
    SC: “Oh!”

Don’t let me distract you from desperately pushing on the “Pull” door of life.

Another Time Warp..

SC: “I’ve been on hold for 5 minutes!”

You were on hold for…let’s see….approximately 37 seconds according to my computer. So I’m not sure what sort of unstable dimensional time warp you’re calling me from but if I were you I’d be somewhat concerned at the rate at which I was rapidly hurdling towards the grave. Granted, if I were you my shift would be over in about 45 minutes. So I guess it wouldn’t be that bad.

Me: “Alright, how do you spell your last name?”
    SC: “…uh…<mumbles her last name incoherently.>”
    Me: “Ok, but how do you spell it?”
    SC: “Um….er……uh…<spells it slowly>”
    Me: “Alright, and what’s your phone number please?”
    SC: “……um…..2465.”
    Me: “….ok, what’s the entire number?”
    SC: “…huh?”
    Me: “I need the entire phone number.”
    SC: “Uhhh…..<dribbles off the whole thing>”
    Me: “Ok, and what’s your postal code please?”
    SC: “um…..74”
    Me: “…no, I need your postal code, please?”
    SC “….huh? Uh………XXX…..XXX?”
    Me: “Thank you, and what’s the address?”
    SC:“uhhh…..”
    Me: “.....is it a box number?”
    SC: “Um, 123.”
    Me: “Ok, and what would you like to order?”
    SC: “Um…….er…….Fox pants…..”
    Me: “Alright, what’s the product ID number?”
    SC: “Um…….uh……….uhhh….”
    Me: “……..”
    SC: “…..uhh……<click>”

It’s amazing what the consumption of lead paint chips can do for a child.

Me: “What would you like to order?”
    SC: “These JEANS, xxxx-xx”
    Me: “Ok, what size would you like?”
    SC: “32.”
    Me: “Ok, anything else?”
    SC: “What’s that in normal size?”
    Me: “….normal size?”
    SC: “Yeah, like…normal sizes?”
    Me: “……”
    SC: “…..”
    Me: “….you mean like a dress size?”
    SC: “Yeah!”
    Me: “….32 is only a waist measurement, you can’t really convert it to dress size accurately….”
    SC: “Oh, k.”

Any more implausible fashion equations you’d like me to attempt with only the barest minimum of information? Perhaps figuring out your shoe size from your underwear or some such?

Recommendations

Information I Needed:

Your name
    Your address
    Your phone number
    How you heard about us

Information I Didn’t:

When you received the brochure.
    Why it took you so long to call after receiving the brochure.
    How you forgot about the brochure.
    How you discovered the brochure again.
    How you and your husband had two birthday parties to attend this week.
    Who these parties were for.
    How these parties would affect you, the call and the brochure.
    That you liked how the product looked. You reassured me of this a few times.
    That you approved of the duration of the warranty on the product.

Please review the above list and apply my recommendations to your inane pointless gibbering. While it may be too late for me, I’m confident that if you really apply yourself and follow my guidelines it will make the world a better place for your friends, family and coworkers.

Thus ends my week...

( PS. Don't send me cats. Trust me when I say I have or have seen them all. -.- )

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    Thank you for calling just to moan erotically then hang up on me.
    Sure. Any time.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

You know, when the revolution begins and the tireless drones of the customer service industry rises up as one in a single voice of rage and resentment from years of abuse before we take to the streets; It will be you and your ilk that we drag kicking and screaming out of your homes as you cling desperately to your cell phone and triple Venci maple nut crunch Starbucks espresso desperately screaming “The customer is always right!” in an vain attempt to justify years with of belittling and rampant jackassry in the face of our clawing, angry monkey-like mob vengeance.

The end is coming, my friend. Be prepared.
      Let's not forget "It's the principle." The people that say "it's the principle" should be the first up against the wall when the revolution comes.... and the "I know it isn't your fault, but..."

Also, I love your posts.
      Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

You're late, Gravekeeper!
        Caturday was YESTERDAY!

Just kidding. (runs)

Comment

That one could have been any number of people on this board.

I plead the fifth.
          Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Comment

( PS. Don't send me cats. Trust me when I say I have or have seen them all. -.- )
            I know exactly how you feel. People tend to have the sudden need to send me cat macros too, and every time I explain to them that I've seen each and every one they're sending me (Because they're ALL from icanhascheezburger.com), they respond with "HAHA (link to cat macro)."

Right.

Even better was yesterday, when a private number called me. I answered hello, and what do I get? A LOUD high-pitched scream. Like it was from an eight year old. And then they hung up. Dunno what they wanted to accomplish, but I can't help 'em if they use a private number and hang up on me. XD

Comment

I must say, the cat pictures are disturbing me and reminding me much too much of my own horridly annoying, drooling, needy, loudly-licking-himself cat. (Can you tell I'm a dog person? )

Aside from the cats, Sergeant Power = Amazingness beyond comprehension. I'm thinking about changing my name now...

Comment

The last customer sounds like a Vogon...

Feed her grandmother to the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traa
                Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

I get quite a few customers like the last one as well.

People will call and ask if we'll take a certain item of theirs ... then proceed to tell me about the history of that item, how much they paid for it, when they got it, how much it means to them, their history as well as their medical history, why they would want to pawn it, when they'll come and get it, etc, etc. ......
                  This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

You mean you've seen this one? But... but I made it muhself!
                    *snickers*
                    hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
                    1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
                    2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
                    3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Comment

SC: “I’ve been on hold for 5 minutes!”

You were on hold for…let’s see….approximately 37 seconds according to my computer. So I’m not sure what sort of unstable dimensional time warp you’re calling me from but if I were you I’d be somewhat concerned at the rate at which I was rapidly hurdling towards the grave.
                      Haha. I have a friend who is just like this. The most impatient, hot-tempered person I've ever known. I try not to spend too much time around him, but he does have a lot of money and tends to be generous, although any kind of outing anywhere with him is torture. We stopped at a fast food drive-thru the other night. There was one car in front of us. We sat and waited, oh I'd estimate just under a minute. My friend was all worked up, though. When it was our turn to pull up to the speaker, he started SCREAMING about how he had to "Wait ten minutes!" and that he should get something free for being forced to wait so long. I wanted to die. I came so close to getting out of the car and just walking home.

Then we get our food and both of our orders were wrong. That cracked me up. My friend of course flipped out. I told him, "What do you expect? You were screaming at the guy taking our order for no reason." Then he stormed off to go get a refund.

I've noticed that people with exaggerated self-importance seem to always somehow believe that more time has passed than has actually passed when it comes to having to wait for something.

Comment

All right, I'll admit it.

That one was me. Please don't tell me fiance...
                        "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Its a testament to our staff that my coworkers merely looked up and nodded sympathetically while I was slowly throttling myself.
                          Did anyone look like they were positioned to save you if it went too far?
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

That is all.
                            "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

Gravekeeper, where do you find your cats?

And I once had a boss whos last name was "Divine"
                              We had some fun with that
                              Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X