Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all forgot about the magician's discount.

No, seriously. It exists.

I never ask for it, of course. I am not that way. And it is not an official type discount. It is more of a situational thing. It just happens from time to time.

But as I've said many times, being a magician is the only way I know of to be straight and male in Key West and still get free drinks.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Lady Heather View Post
      Say it with me now: ACTIVE DUTY ONLY.
      This eliminates the following: Wife, Husband, Son, Daughter, Niece, Nephew, Brother, Sister, Cousin, and "I'm thinking of signing up".
      I can tell the diffrence between the "family" and "active" passes. My Dad had an Active one I had a Family one. They look nothing alike.
      My favorite was the kid trying to use the family kind while insisting it was an active duty one. I took it from him read his birthday aloud (under 18), and asked if the Active Duty parent would aprove. He thought not and left
      I had a group of Vetrans come in, on Vetrans Day. They were great fun, retelling stories of pranks pulled on their C.O. They didn't ask but I gave them the discount. I told them the sword fight with the lightsabers proved they were "active".

-giggle- I occasionally get family military discount around Ft. Knox just because people know I'm related to a certain loveable Master Sergeant

Comment

When I was active duty Air Force, I've never demanded nor asked about a military discount. My husband has tried to get me to use it, but I didn't want the attention.
        When I shopped at Spencer's, when I was reaching for my debit card to pay, the cashier seen my military ID card and she gave me the discount. I told her it wasn't necessary but she insisted because she appreciates what the military does for this country. I was like okay..cool..thanks!

After I separated,there was a Subway that recently opened near the base and a lot of Airmen eat there for lunch. I'd go there for lunch too when they were there too. The cashier asked me if I was military. I said no, but I used to be. She goes Oh! you get a discount! I said I'm not in the military anymore, you don't have to give me the discount! She insisted on giving it to me because she said that I am nice and appreciates me for serving the country.

But yeah, I have seen military discount entitlement pukes I would like to strangle too. At my store, some of them ask if we had a discount. Nope! Not even the employees get a discount!

Comment

When I was company commander I always told my troops that they shouldn't ask for a discount but it was OK to accept one if offered. Personally I never asked nor accepted a mil discount. Even though I was drafted in 71 I continued my contract until I decided it was time to retire.
          Two years ago I was contacted by a local businessman that wanted a freezer beef. He came out picked out one, we agreed on terms and shook hands deal was sealed. Then the SOB had the nerve to ask for a military discount and I knew for a fact he didn't offer one. I told him no. Also back when I was active during GW1 I had a few E1s that were stuggling to feed their families. I called the wife and had her take a steer to the butcher and bring the beef with her. I then split up the beef between those families, even though those families weren't technically serving they were serving in my eyes. I also knew that a soldier that knows his family is taken care of will put more of thier mind into their training and mission. My job was to accomplish the mission and get my folks home. Everyone came home and without any casualities.
          Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Working...
          X