This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't come between her and her pie!!

Hi! I'm Lauren, long time reader, first time poster. I have two jobs: one reselling electronics on online auction sites, one waiting tables at a Chinese restaurant. More on them later. This story concerns my regrettable days of serving at Denny's. This is one of the reasons I don't work there anymore.

It's towards the end of my shift.. have about an hour or so to go. It's pretty much dead, so my co-worker/friend T and I are just standing around the registers. This group of women comes in.

Cast-
    Me: Redhead server superstar.
    T: Darling of Denny's
    L: The nicest night waitress ever
    CS: Ringleader of Group Swamp Donkey
    NR: Really awesome nice regular

Me: Welcome to Denny's! 3 tonight?
    CS: *spots poster near me* Ooh! Pecan pie!
    Me: Hm, being as the pecan pie is a seasonal item, I'm not sure we have any left... let me check..
    T: *overhearing me and replying within earshot of entire group* No, I'm pretty sure we're all out. They usually stop sending it out after Christmas.
    Me: Oh, that's too bad. Well, may I seat you over here?

I seat group in T's section, they seem nice and jolly, etc. No worries, right?
    Time passes. I still have tables here, so I stick around for a bit. T transfers her table with the previously mentioned women to one of the night waitresses, L. I'm over at the other end of the restaurant with my tables. I overhear L and her table...

CS: Do you have any more of that pecan pie? I just LOVE pie!
    L: I don't think so, but I'd be more than happy to check for you. Please keep in mind, if we have any, it'll be frozen.
    CS: That's fine, I'll just buy the whole thing and take it home.

L goes to check. L comes back.

L: Actually, I found one pie left, hidden waaay in the back. No wonder we thought we were out.
    CS: WHAT? WHERE IS THAT REDHEADED GIRL? SHE LIED TO US! THAT LAZY B**** SAID YOU AIN'T GOT NONE!
    L:
    CS: WHERE IS SHE? I'M GONNA SLAP HER IN THE FACE!!! YOU SHOULD FIRE HER LYING STUPID A**!!!
    L: Uh, I'll go wrap up the pie.

I follow L into the kitchen. Insert exclamations of shock and anger. L brings back pie and check, table exits ranting and screaming. I swallow my shellshock and go back to my last table.

NR: What was that about? PIE?!!? You weren't even her server!
    Me: I, uh... guess she really likes pie.
    NR: Silly cow doesn't need any more pie. *tips me a tenner on a $15 bill* So you can remember not all customers are evil like her.
    Me: <33333

I adore pie. Pie is like a sign from God that (S)He loves us and that everything will be okay. But it's not like you can't go to the grocery store up the block and buy a pie if frickken Denny's doesn't have one. It's so weird that she would go from sweet to Satan in .03 seconds. And why would I lie to her about the pie? It's not like I said we didn't have any so I wouldn't have to get it for her. Sheesh. Kids these days.
    "I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me."
    "Free at last from my vegetable prison!"
    X-Strike Studios: Video game movies done RIGHT!

aaaaaaaand faith in humanity is dead and just hit a lower level of hell. A love of pie is perfectly natural (does anyone NOT like pie?) but that kind of reaction over a simple mistake involving a seasonal PASTRY?! At least you had that second customer to make up for the psycho.

Sorry you had to deal with that Lauren, but welcome to ! I look forward to hearing your future tales; welcome to our little slice of cs free heaven!
    Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
    --Unknown

Comment

Should have thrown the pie in her face.

Comment

Quoth karath View Post
        (does anyone NOT like pie?)!
        *sigh* I like pie but can't eat it!
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
          Should have thrown the pie in her face.
          Considering it was frozen as solid as a brick, that wouldn't have been a bad idea.
          A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Quoth karath View Post
            A love of pie is perfectly natural (does anyone NOT like pie?)
            That would be me. Never liked it.
            Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

Working...
            X