This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where I've been hiding

In my house, all the doors closed, all the curtains drawn, television off. No sound, no light, no noise.

I've been studying!

I'm happy to say that I have passed my first rounds of tests on my way to becoming a licensed waste water operator! These tests are "pre-tests" -so to speak- of taking my Florida state test in August.

The first test was about 480 questions, which I passed with an 88%. The second test was about 300 questions, which I passed with a 97%.

In August is the big one. If I pass this, I get my state license. I am virtually guaranteed a job for life with the city. I'd have to screw up royally to get fired.
    I also have 3 chances to pass the state test.

The bad news (or good, depending) is that I will be the first one taking it via computer. Before it was the good old test book and scantron. Now it's all electronic; they still don't have all the bugs worked out yet.

And all the rumors I'm hearing don't help either; This won't be on the test, but this will. That part we took out because only 1% of treatment plants run that way. Etc etc etc. Hopefully when I go to my review in July, they will know what's what. Heck, I don't even know where I'm going to be taking the test! Before it was Orlando or Gainesville. Now it could be those places, or Tallahassee, or even and H&R Block down the street.

Anyway, it's good to be back, if only for a while (I'll have to start studying again here real soon).

BTW, my daughter Em is doing wonderfully, growing like a weed, getting smarter every day. More to come!
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Quoth Knightmare View Post
    In my house, all the doors closed, all the curtains drawn, television off. No sound, no light, no noise.
    Sounds like me when I get a migraine.

Welcome back!
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Welcome back, and I will keep my fingers/toes crossed for you on the big test!
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
      X