X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restore Rummager

RR: Restore Rummager
    Me: Me

At Habitat for Humanity Restore today and saw this jerk digging through a box containing a ceiling fan. I walked past him to sit on a desk a friend was buying (if you don't claim it, someone else might!) where I could see this guy but he didn't see me. He pulls a part out of the box, nods, and then stands up... seeing me watching him when he turns around.

RR: Do you work here?
    Me: Nope, but I shop here a lot. What do you need?
    RR: Do you know how much this costs? (he holds up a ceiling bracket he just took from the box)
    Me: Uhm, whatever the cost of the fan is?
    RR: But I just need this part. Do you think they'll sell it?
    Me: Yeah, along with the rest of the fan.
    RR: No, I just found it lying here outside the box. It doesn't match any of the fans here. (it's a ceiling bracket, so no, it doesn't look like the pretty enamel of the outside of the fan housings)
    Me: No you didn't. I saw you take it out of the box.
    RR (giving me a sour look): Well, I just want this part. (walks off)

I didn't get a chance to tell the employees about it before I got distracted, but I hope they stuck to their usual rule of not selling things without a price on them.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

That's assuming he just didn't stuff it in his pocket and walk off with it.

And my faith in humanity drops a little more...

Comment

I hope he didn't just pocket it. Restore's are awesome! I'm after getting a few things there, my best buy was my small round kitchen table, think I got it for like $25?

Comment

Quoth PastryGal View Post
        I hope he didn't just pocket it. Restore's are awesome! I'm after getting a few things there, my best buy was my small round kitchen table, think I got it for like $25?
        I got an all glass outdoor patio table, in great condition for $25. I don't think they were supposed to sell it to me at that price; the manager looked quite upset, but I'd already paid and that was the price marked.

I just got an awesome vintage 1940's typing desk for $45. It's way schway: a lid lifts up to reveal where a typewrite would be bolted onto the desk, and can be dropped down out of site to hide it.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
        X