Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And in a few days, I have to go out in this, to finish off some shopping of my own. Fun, eh?
    My dad had to go grocery shopping today, so he asked me to come up with a list of things he could get for me. But I did one better- on the way home from work (I work overnight shifts), I suggested that perhaps we should stop at the nearest 24 hour Sobey's on the way home, instead of him going out in what could be a shitstorm later. It worked out well- I got what I needed, and he was quite thankful for being able to get what he needed right then instead of having to go out again later. That and the store was practically deserted, no idiots gabbing in the aisles, or "gagglefucking" as a military friend of mine calls dumbass civilian behavior.

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd the storm has started, lol a little bit ago anyways, lol. Yah today was nutso at work, sold out of salt and all of the shovels that were on sale and a lot that weren't. Right now I get a lot of people/calls looking for stuff we're sold out of that's on sale.

I went to Sobeys after work. Wasn't too bad, was only getting a few bits. Wanted to make bacon cheeseburgers, they were yummmmm

Comment

The regular lanes were busy but I was only hitting express one, only waited maybe a few minutes. Was close to 6 when I got in my car to leave to go home. Wishing I had remembered to get the camp fuel cans at work today in case we lose power. I got the little camp stove but no fuel, lol.

Comment

Quoth Amanita View Post
          no idiots gabbing in the aisles, or "gagglefucking" as a military friend of mine calls dumbass civilian behavior.
          I assume that this is worse than a "Charlie Foxtrot", since "cluster" implies a (minimal) level of organization, while "gaggle" implies a complete lack of organization.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            I assume that this is worse than a "Charlie Foxtrot", since "cluster" implies a (minimal) level of organization, while "gaggle" implies a complete lack of organization.
            I saw a great word in the Washington Post the other day (describing the "Deadskins" season) -- clusterbacle.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              I saw a great word in the Washington Post the other day (describing the "Deadskins" season) -- clusterbacle.
              Dallas Cowboys fans probably feel the same way about today.

Anyhoo, with the game tonight the stores were still crazy busy. Few parking spots to be had at the mall.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Dallas Cowboys fans probably feel the same way about today.
                Any day the Cowboys have a bad day is a good day in my book.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Ohhh....I was at Buffalo Wild Wings the last half of the game.

Let's just say, I need new panties.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Yesterday, (Sunday) I got the storm that the Newfies are getting now. 30-40 cm on my decks when it was all said and done. But I didn't budge from my house at all.

My parents did come down Friday evening/Saturday morning for some shopping. I'm not sure if I'm just extra patiant, but overall the crowds didn't seem too bad. We got to the mall on Saturday just after it opened, found a relatively close parking spot and crowds weren't bad at all.

We also braved the Superstore, but it wasn't too bad. Line up at the self checkout was 6-8 deep for the 4 self cashes, and it moved pretty quick. We left a gap for traffic to move through the line, and while people were quick to point out the end of the line, I didn't hear any complaints.

Comment

Working...
                    X