Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post-Christmas brawls, I mean sales - and we hadn't even reached the shops yet...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-Christmas brawls, I mean sales - and we hadn't even reached the shops yet...

Not sure if this is a 'sighting' (because it was in a shopping centre car park) or 'roadkill' (because it was in a shopping centre car park), so apologies if in the wrong place.

Boxing Day here means there's only 3 retail precincts legally allowed to open, because they're considered 'tourist regions':

- City
    - Outlet mall near the airport
    - Coastal suburb shopping strip

So my mate, her mum and I decide to brave the outlet mall. There's a several kilometre long queue to get into the main car park entrance, so I suggest parking in a side street.

My mate decides to go in the back entrance, which had a much smaller line up to get into the car park.

Naturally, the car park is absolute bedlam, and a few people are parking on the grass verge adjacent to the car park (which, surprisingly, is not full). I suggest we park there.

My mate decides to try her luck looking for a car space. After about 20 minutes, she finds a space, but moronic driver in front is trying to reverse back to take the spot. So my mate is blaring her horn whilst her mother is out of the car and abusing the driver.

Passing shopper comes by and tells my mate that she can have her spot 2 spots up.

Mate declines the offer, and the next thing I see mates mum standing in front of other car as that car, and my mates car, are both trying to park in this once car space, horns blaring, abuse hurling, and threats of calls to the police.

By now I am trying not to be seen anywhere near these two, so I politely inform my mate that I'm going to start shopping, and I'll call her when I'm done.

I don't know what happened after that, as I made a speedy exit from the scene, but they didn't get the car space.
    the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Prideful much? Its a parking space.

Comment

Correction: country towns are open as well, with the same hours as the city precinct. A friend and I braved the city precinct for the day and discovered two things:

-people are really lazy and think that they can save themselves time by backing INTO a park when it really just wastes time because they can't back into them on a multi story car park!

-people who try to back into a car park and end up hitting something or someone.

Some idiot took his bumper off in the process.

As for the actual shops, people apparently forgot how to parent their kids and let them run loose in a few shops. One store manager nearly lost it and was ready to kick customers out because of it.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
      X