This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    ... while "0x31" would be the day of the month on which Christmas falls.
    The 49th? Hey guys, wolfie just gifted you with another 24 days of dealing with demented shoppers!

(now 31 octal...)
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

My bad - been a while since I did any programming, and didn't use octal. Can't remember the prefix to show a number was Octal.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

And Christmas music has hit a new low....

Browsing in yon Kmart last night and I heard "silent night" (or at least I think it was silent night) done in a country and western style. Very. Very. Badly.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          ... done in a country and western style. Very. Very. Badly.
          The ships were licking the pictsies to offset the taste in their ears...

Winter Wonderland, New York Stylee
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

There is one, and only one, Xmas song that I will listen to at any time of the year, on repeat, with a smile on my face.

"Fairytale of New York" by the Pogues, featuring the late Kirsty MacColl

http://www.pogues.com/Releases/Lyric...Fairytale.html

Imagine howling that out at top volume along with the radio as the partner of the firm decides to wander into your office... then imagine the partner grinning and joining in with the last chorus!
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
              "Fairytale of New York" by the Pogues,
              Awesome tune, but a smile? It's such a sad song. I almost always tear up at "and kept 'em with my own..."

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                Awesome tune, but a smile? It's such a sad song. I almost always tear up at "and kept 'em with my own..."
                I don't tend to have much sympathy for drunken emoting (bad family history), and coming off of belting out:

You're a bum
                You're a punk
                You're an old slut on junk
                Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed
                You scumbag, you maggot
                You cheap lousy faggot
                Happy Christmas you arse
                I pray God it's our last

it's hard to bring the mood back down into empathy. I just love the contrast to all the smaltzy crap that pollutes the airwaves at this time of year. This is when I bemoan the fact that the anti-shock has gone on my car CD player, so I'm not going to be able to blast my highly seasonal AC/DC, Queen and The Jam At least my home stereo is still working so I can dress the tree to the traditional Headbanger's Bible...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Headbangers-...dbangers+bible
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I just love the contrast to all the smaltzy crap
                  Ah. That I can totally understand.

Comment

This is when I bemoan the fact that the anti-shock has gone on my car CD player, so I'm not going to be able to blast my highly seasonal AC/DC, Queen and The Jam
                    If you have an iPod, get an iPod-> car audio device. Plug into cigarette lighter. Set it to a particular station. Boom
                    Last edited by Dave1982; 12-04-2013, 02:44 PM. Reason: How many times must we say to TRIM QUOTES??? Are we talking to ourselves???
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                      If you have an iPod, get an iPod-> car audio device. Plug into cigarette lighter. Set it to a particular station. Boom
                      At the moment I'm saving up to replace the car stereo (would you believe they don't do repairs any more? One perfectly good radio/CD system in the bin because of one frigging part) after, of course, family Christmas presents, so I can't justify spending out on something I'll only use until I've got the model I want (which includes a plug for MP3 players).

Comment

Working...
                      X