This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She Can't Let You In

So yesterday I had to hit the mall, for a couple of items. I got there right when they opened, actually a few minutes before, and was standing outside, waiting for the dept. store to open their doors. In the meantime, one of the cleaning staff was inside, between the inner and outer doors, cleaning them. By this time, there are maybe 10-12 people waiting, including a woman holding two boxes, and another couple with their DOG. A small, yappy looking thing.

I hear someone grumble “It’s 10:01, where ARE they?” and at the same time, the cleaning person unlocks the door, and comes out to clean the outside of the doors. Well, everyone starts to rush in, and she says no, not open, you can’t come in yet. Cue grumbling and moaning. Cleaner says only security can let people in, so woman with the boxes then says “can’t you go GET them????” Like waiting an extra minute or two would kill her. I felt badly for the cleaner since I’m betting if she DID let someone in, it would mean her job.

So what you had to wait a minute or two? It could be that while YOUR watch says 10:02, the store’s clock says 10. So STFU and be patient. And even if they, god forbid, didn’t open until 10:02, well, they’re only human.

Sounds like the cleaner's supervisor screwed up too. They should have scheduled her time/item cleaning list so that she'd clean the outsides of the doors a couple hours before opening time, when there weren't likely to be customers around (and co-ordinated with security so that there'd be a guard present when she did it). Having her clean the outsides a few minutes before opening time? That's BEGGING to have SCs barge in - and the cleaner would be blamed for "letting them in".
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      Sounds like the cleaner's supervisor screwed up too. They should have scheduled her time/item cleaning list so that she'd clean the outsides of the doors a couple hours before opening time, when there weren't likely to be customers around (and co-ordinated with security so that there'd be a guard present when she did it). Having her clean the outsides a few minutes before opening time? That's BEGGING to have SCs barge in - and the cleaner would be blamed for "letting them in".
      Not to mention raising the risk of the cleaning person getting trampled or, worse yet, a robber attacks them.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

People would sneak into the mall I worked at HOURS before it opened by just pushing right past the cleaners as they were trying to do the doors. And then THOSE people would let other people in! I swear it was like trying to herd cats! They never seemed to grasp that the floors were still being cleaned and such and it was a hazard for them to be in there.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          They should have scheduled her time/item cleaning list so that she'd clean the outsides of the doors a couple hours before opening time...
          There's a problem with that; all the impatient SCs leaving hand- and nose-prints all over the glass...

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
            There's a problem with that; all the impatient SCs leaving hand- and nose-prints all over the glass...

Comment

An alternative would be to schedule cleaning of the doors 1/2 hour after the mall opens (in which case a guard wouldn't be needed). My main point was that it's a BAD IDEA to require the cleaner to unlock the doors at a time when the mall is closed and a large number of people are waitingshoving to get in.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Some people are far too impatient. Some lady nearly knocked me flying the other day because she flounced past me. You see, she couldn't understand why she was waiting in a massive queue, in a bakery, at 1pm (Aka lunchtime rush).

Comment

Working...
                X