This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got my new laptop... and it's totally not what I expected

Big update after the fact - it's all resolved now.

I bought a laptop mid-December from a company called Malibal as a bit of a Christmas present for myself. It didn't come until January 4th, but hey, shit happens.

I got it today, and unpacked everything, and woah- this isn't what I expected. It's not even close to what I though I bought. The images show something totally different than what they sent me.

This is what the site gave as for images:
    Product Page Link redacted. Really, it's what started this whole mess.
    Images

This is what I got:
    Left Side
    Front
    Right Side
    Back

[Rest of the old post redacted as a sign of good faith]

Update: Got a reply back, turns out that I got linked to a special config page from another forum that I wasn't supposed to be linked to.
    Quoth Malibal Support
    Hi, yes if you noticed that model is not linked anywhere on our website... and we didn't start selling until recently when someone special requested it. That's when we quickly made a config page so that they could place their order. Well, it turns out that the link to the config page started circulating on the forums and so other people placed an order, who didn't realize that all the info on that page was for our other Lotus P150HM model that we simply copied over when we made the config page for that one customer, so that is why the pictures don't match up.
    So yeah, all's good now. I'm still going to have to return it since I wouldn't be able to afford the lowest model they link on the site, but I'm glad that they resolved it as quickly as they did.
    Last edited by Hawaiian Eskimo; 01-05-2012, 02:53 AM. Reason: Fixed links

Can't see the images of the one you got
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Whoops, used the private links instead of the public ones. Pictures should work now.

Comment

I think you have a very good case for being able to return the product for a full refund, as the machine you got is clearly different from the one being advertised. Is there any disclaimer anywhere on your receipt or the website that says anything about substitutions?
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Well, this is new for me. They just contacted me, asking if I had any issues since I just posted on a forum about it. I just replied, hopefully I'll get a reply back quickly.

I'm pretty sure I'm just overworrying about it, but it's still nice to know your options I guess.

Comment

Got a response:
            Quoth Malibal Support
            Hi, yes if you noticed that model is not linked anywhere on our website... and we didn't start selling until recently when someone special requested it. That's when we quickly made a config page so that they could place their order. Well, it turns out that the link to the config page started circulating on the forums and so other people placed an order, who didn't realize that all the info on that page was for our other Lotus P150HM model that we simply copied over when we made the config page for that one customer, so that is why the pictures don't match up.
            They're letting me return it since it was a rather big mix-up on quite a few people's parts that frankly shouldn't have happened. I deleted part of the OP so it doesn't unnecessarily show up on search results.

Glad they got back to me so quickly though.

Comment

Is it just me or does it look used?
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
              X