Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From my daughter I received the subject of this thread: http://customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=84224 and a cinnamon & ginger scented candle on a glittery glass dish.
    My son bought me a jar of quality street chocs.
    From my mum I had a full body heated massage mat & a Betty Boop toiletry bag which contained a Betty Boop compact mirror.
    From my ex Inlaws I had a scarf & glove set and a notebook with a quilted cover that Mother IL had made
    And, from my BFF, a game, Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Got a keychain from one of my older sisters.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I didn't do too bad. - was actually glad I didn't get a fucking mountain of shit like last year, most of which was returned. From my mother, I got some expected stuff like a bag of bathroom stuff (shaving cream, face wash she knows I use, good razors) and eleventy billion bottles of perfume and/or body spray.

I also got a really cozy fur-lined hoodie, this sparkly makeup box thing (pink glitter isn't really my thing, but still nice), some books on ghosts and local paranormal stuff (one of which was one I already had - oopsie), and a nice chunk of money. And I got an electronic coin-counting jar.

My BF's mom got me a quilt and matching pillow, which I have put in the living room because I don't think it's gonna fit on my bed anyway (and while it's a very cozy and pretty set, floral print stuff is not my thing). I got bitched at by my mother for putting them in the living room too - she said she didn't want them on her couch because they smelled (BF's parents are chain smokers and despite the blanket and pillow being in vacuum-sealed packages, they still stunk of smoke).

And as mentioned prior, my BF got me a Wii and I intend to blow some of my gift money on a couple of games I've been wanting for it. I also have a pretty big Amazon wish list that I intend to put a dent in - I bet my mom's gonna love it when she sees the metal detector I intend to buy. What's the good having a huge-ass backyard if you can't go treasure hunting?

I also wanna get a scaffold piercing as a gift to myself - I've been aching for more holes in my head and I'm not yet brave enough to get the eyebrow ring.

Comment

Let's see now...

1/25 scale 1953 Hudson Hornet model kit
          HO Penn Central 10-6 sleeper car
          a pair of train-related DVDs
          Harry Potter, Deathly Hallows, Pt II
          multiple gift cards
          South Park "Guide to Life" book
          Cape May puzzle, featuring some of the hotels.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

My brother and his girlfriend gave me a $50 giftcard for my store. Hee--I bought TP yesterday (frees $ in my budget for fun stuff). My parents gave me a $25 giftcard for Younkers and $100 cash. Wow--I was expecting a food chopper or mandoline. If younkers carries them, I'll get one there.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

My big present is tickets to the local football team game on New Year's. It's a fairly big rivalry game and this year is the first time that the local team has made it to the playoffs ever, so it should be very fun.

I also got (from my husband, sister, parents, cousins, Aunt & Uncle, etc).
              -Mario 3DS
              -1Q84 (a book)
              -First, Do No Harm (a book)
              -The Homesick Texan (a cookbook)
              -a new doormat
              -two sets of earrings
              -a set of 3 bamboo cutting boards
              -a stackable set of of 3 cooling racks (like for cookies)
              -a long sleeve T shirt
              -a dress
              -a wine saver set, which is a pump that sucks the air out of a bottle of wine so that it stays good longer
              -a mini portable speaker that plugs into my MP3 player or phone
              -a gift card for my Nook
              -really expensive, really fabulous mascara
              -new coasters (very awesome because I hated the ones that we have at home)
              -a cool mug; my husband got a matching one

I honestly don't remember most of what I "gave" anyone because my husband was in charge of buying gifts this year. The only gift I picked out was his, which was something from Victoria Secret for me to wear. Oh, and my husband and my sister and I all pitched in to give our cousins a bottle of wine, a gift card to their favorite restaurant (which is BYOB) and a night of babysitting.
              Last edited by trailerparkmedic; 12-28-2011, 03:32 AM.

Comment

A trench shovel and a body bag!
                "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
                  A trench shovel and a body bag!
                  You have no idea how insanely jealous I am of you right now.

Mah loot:

-A wallet, pen and valet tray set
                  -A belt
                  -From my sister's boyfriend, a mini Magltie flashlight and a small Swiss Army knife, which is on my keychain.
                  - From my sister, the DVD Blackadder I, starring Rowan Atkinson (she's taken some vacations in Great Britain and Ireland and thus gave us all British-themed gifts this year)
                  - A new pair of Birkenstock sandals, which is probably a sign I should throw the old ones away. Nah, too comfy.
                  -A cordless drill
                  -A Starbucks gift set with coffee and two mugs
                  - Various other food gifts
                  -Gift cards: Barnes and Noble, American Eagle Outfitters, the Grocery Store of Awesome, Subway
                  -From my bosses at work, a card and a chocolate chip cookie from the $1 rack that was half the size of the tin it came in. But it was at least something, as opposed to the non-winning scratch-offs I used to get

And yet, with a car or an iPhone not being among my gifts this year, I am still very much pleased. I guess this means I was raised correctly.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I guess this means I was raised correctly.
                    It does! I'm happy to receive anything. It means somebody took the time to pick something out with me in mind.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      - From my sister, the DVD Blackadder I, starring Rowan Atkinson (she's taken some vacations in Great Britain and Ireland and thus gave us all British-themed gifts this year)
                      one reason as to why you should also watch Blackadder IV: Hugh Laurie in drag.
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Okay, so now that we've visited with both sides of the family:

My haul this year was:

A pizzielle press
                        New scrubs with animals on them
                        Dr Seuss PJ pants
                        Chocolate
                        Fruit roll ups (they're like crack)
                        Fabric money
                        New jeans (after I found out that I drove cross country with jeans with a hole in the butt, thank god for long shirts)
                        Bath stuff from BBW
                        And a breyer horse (yay!)

Hubby got a fancy new train set and a lot of junk food.

Kids got new clothes, daughter got a new doll and son got new trains for his table at home.
                        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Just got my gift from my cousin in San Diego!

I got a San Diego Calendar, a box that has actual sand from the beach, with little trinkets she put in it, and book with funny California facts and a beautiful Coach purse!
                          "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

-The big thing I got was a beyond awesome necklace from my husband.
                            -Slippers
                            -Pajamas since I love being in my pajamas.
                            -An awesome cloak that I have been asking for for years.
                            -Sock Monkey hat. I know you are all jealous of that!
                            -A new purse. I love purses.
                            -A home made pumkin bunt cake from my awesome neighbor who recently lost her husband of 40 some years. He was a great man with a big heart. He will be missed.
                            -A cute stuffed bear from my daughter.
                            -Chocolate
                            Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Working...
                            X