This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost another friend last night

Well, I had tried to keep contact with him since January 2011, but he had things in his life that kept him from deepening friendships. It's more like I lost a former friend, though that sounds like we had some sort of falling out, but it was more like drifting. And now he's drifted out of this life permanently. I'm sad, but not devastated, as I was in June. I suppose each loss is different. My heart is broken for his kids, both school-age. He died in his sleep, and I am having trouble processing that. I never think about just going to sleep and not waking up. I don't know what to think right now.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

So sorry for your loss, Food Lady *hugs*

I suppose, if you have to go, then that's the best way - while sleeping - but how awful for his family.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

*hughughug*
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Aw man! *hugs you tight*
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

*oodles of hugs*
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Thanks, you guys. I'm handling this better than Plaidy's passing, I think because the circumstances are different.

Comment

*hugs* I'm sorry to hear you've lost a friend. *hugs*
                  In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                  She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Awwww, *snuggle hugs*

Comment

I just read this, Food Lady...I'm so very sorry for the loss of your friend. My deepest condolences to his family, and friends like you who care even if life sometimes got in the way.
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. to you and his family.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Sorry to hear that. One of my former high-school classmates killed himself before Christmas. I barely knew him then, and even less so now. In fact, nobody seems to know what happened
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I went to the memorial service tonight and it hit me then. Every time I saw his son, I cried. It didn't hit me until today. And I am still grieving over Plaidy. Protege--this Christmas? I'm sorry.
                            Last edited by Food Lady; 01-11-2012, 04:25 AM.

Comment

*big hugs to all who are grieving*...
                              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X