This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• made someone VERY happy the other day

My BF and I took the dog to an on-the-leash park to let her explore a bit.

While following her around I looked down and saw... WTF? Someone dropped a cell phone. It's not in the best shape and it's on wet grass but... hey it's on and still works.

So we went to the police station and they were closed. and it wasn't an emergency so we were going to drop it off the next day.

got a call that morning and spoke to the caller... he thought it was the wrong number but i explained the phone was found and he apparently knew the girl.

my bf went out to meet him and it turned out the girl had taken her dog to the park the day we did.

the man said he'd take us out for a beer someday (not sure if that's really going to happen but that's fine too - it was polite to offer). cos hey... not everyone is honest when they find expensive stuff lying around.

That's pretty awesome. Feels good helping someone out.

When I find a lost phone, I usually just call Mom or Dad or Home. Never sure which friend to call but you can pretty much always rely on those three.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I found a cell phone before, but couldn't unlock it (it was coded) so I was going to call the provider to see if they could contact the owner that it was found and will be at my previous place of employment. Never got around as it took forever for customer service to pick up.

Comment

if the phone is unlocked, I will scroll through recent calls and see if I see 'mom' or 'dad' or someone obviously related and then call the number with that phone to see if I can talk to someone to call the owner and let them know the phone was lost or left behind. If the recent called numbers list doesn't have anything obviously related, then I scroll through contacts and look for it.

I did this a couple times at the restaurant I worked as a host at. Cell phones seemed to find their way into the little space in a booth between the cushion and the frame. I actually had one lady send me a card there to the restaurant with a thank you note and $20 in cash! She actually left her return address off the envelope on purpose so that I couldn't return the money. A very nice surprise!
        "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

Last year I found three phones within two weeks...

Thankfully the owners called the phones and I was able to reunite!

Comment

last time i found a cell it was like that - the owner had called to find it... cos the last call had been 5 minutes before i had found it. called them back and the owner was very happy.

around here... we just figured the cops could take it if no one else.

Comment

Great job! I wish that happened the few times my wife lost her phone.
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

This is actually my argument for NOT locking your phone. EVER.

The only reason to lock it (as far as I care) is if it's a business phone with important info on it.

About half way through last semester I got a call from my GF's mum who was all like "So, I just got a call from some one who found <GF>'s phone". Turned out the person was still on campus and she had her phone back in an hour.

Just because:

On the note of making people's day.

Yesterday was a crappy day getting to work, backed up buses, pouring rain, etc.

The lady standing behind me waiting for my 2nd bus offered to share her umbrella with me. Seriously, nicest person I have run into in a long time.

Comment

Working...
                X