This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot meet Kettle

Yesterday I had to run up to the corner gas station to get a pack of smokes. This place is pretty nice as gas stations go. The guy that owns it is fantastic, the employees are all very nice, and they have a wonderful little breakfast/lunch cafe. The one issue they have is that the are incredibly slow. I don't mind that though. I'll swap slow service for the daytime cashier noticing that I hadn't been around in a couple weeks and being visibly relieved that I was okay and something terrible hadn't happened to me. It's just that kind of place.

So I get to the store, go in and the line, as usual is long and slow moving. It was lunch time and all the farm/nursery workers were in there buying their lunches. There's another gas station/cafe a few blocks away, but the workers prefer this place since it's mostly Cuban/Mexican food (and the overwhelming majority of the workers are Hispanic) and the other place is standard American diner fare. Also, the other place is a sit down place and far more expensive.

As I'm patiently waiting in line, another couple of people get in line behind me. One of the guys is obviously irritated at the speed of the cashier. He begins to rant about all sorts of stuff, but most notably insulting the heritage of both the store employees and the other customers. He looked at me like he expected me to agree with him. Then he goes on this rant about how "those people" are stealing from taxpayers and yada, yada, yada. I really wanted to go off on him, but as he outweighed me by at least 100 pounds (and I'm no lightweight), I decided to keep my mouth shut. I finally got to the front of the line, paid for my stuff and started to walk out.

Before I had a chance to leave, however, the guy that owns the place stopped me to say hi, ask about my boys, and tell me a funny story about my dog coming to visit. As we were chatting, I happened to look over and notice what the horrible guy was paying with. Wanna take a guess? If you guessed EBT, you'd be right. I about fell over laughing. I really wish I was good with snappy comebacks.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

hahha! Good thing my friend wasn't there. As he is mexican, there would have been a helluva fight. my friend is a real nice guy, but he does NOT stand for racism agaisnt ANY race or towards ANY race. as far as he's concerned we all have red blood, breathe the same air, and are gonna all die one day, so why waste time bitching and live life the best possible way you can.
    NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Quoth Kitten in the box View Post
      as far as he's concerned we all have red blood, breathe the same air, and are gonna all die one day, so why waste time bitching and live life the best possible way you can.
      Would that everybody followed that idea.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Irony. "Those guys" are working hard and earning their living, while "I hate those guys" is the one sponging off the common taxpayer.

This person is in for some nasty karma...
        I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
          Irony. "Those guys" are working hard and earning their living, while "I hate those guys" is the one sponging off the common taxpayer.

This person is in for some nasty karma...
          If only fate would allow me to be there when karma bites his butt.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
          X