This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to unload gaming books?

I have approximately a combination of 370 gaming books/DM screens/misc. (no to include a couple of minis, dice, etc.) that I'd like to unload.

Ebay is probably the most logical choice, but all the e-bay stories on this site has scared me off of e-bay. I might try Amazon Marketplace, but not sure if that is the way to go. I might try posting on the bulletin board of the local gaming/comics stores in the area and/or the gaming store I frequent's FB page.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Or are these the only options available to me?

Thanks in advance for all the help!
    Last edited by CalyCoRose; 12-29-2011, 03:24 AM. Reason: clarity
    And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

Or...you could probably list what you have here, and we'll help you unload them quick.

Kabe and I are looking to expand our collections of gaming books.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

If you have certain 7th sea books, I might be interested in taking them off your hands.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I would love to see what you have.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

If you have a local comic book store that does auctions, see when the next one is and go that route. That's what ours does I think twice a year. If your stuff sells, you get a percentage of the sale in store credit. That's how I unloaded some gaming stuff I had many years ago.
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

There are definitely no 7th Sea books. Sorry ArcticChicken!

Here are a few samples of what we have:

AD&D Monster Manual
            AD&D Dark Sun: Valley of Dust & Fires
            Deadlands: Hell on Earth: The Junkman Cometh
            Vampire the Masquerade: The Kindred Most Wanted
            Vampire the Masquerade: Player's Handbook for 1st and 2nd editions of Vampire
            D&D: Eberron: Campaign Setting: City of Stormreach
            Rolemaster: Arms Law
            Ralph Barkshi's Wizards: Main Book

We have approximately 40 Vampire the Masquerade book (at least 4 books have 2 copies each). The rest are mainly either AD&D or 3.0/3.5 Dungeons & Dragons. Some of the D&D 3.5 stuff we have are from WoTC for gameday exclusives so are not sold in stores.

We have an odd assortment of Dragon Magazines too.

We do have a card game called Old Bachelor.

We have 3 Reaper minis that are unopened also.

Anyone interested PM me their e-mail address & I could send you a list, or let you know more specifically if we have something you're looking for.

Comment

I know a friend of mine is looking for one of the White Wolf books, but I don't remember which one. Let me ask him and see.
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

We have a few Werewolf: The Apocalypse and one Werewolf: The Wild West also from White Wolf.

Comment

I'd be interested in the Bakshi: Wizards book, for oddity's sake, if nothing else. I'll send you a PM.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Know that feeling lol..for me it would be the AD&D books. Cheap ones can be expensive still though. Especially if the older editions and in good condition.
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Oh God! I want to smash things!

Clyde sent the list out to his gaming friends (there might be a war on some of the books - sorry guys!).

At least one has written, and I quote: "...it's a shame you're being forced to give up your gaming books."

Because you know, I, the gaming wife, who used to game with my husband, is forcing my husband to give up his gaming books and stuff. Because you know ... I'm a girl?

RAWR.

I'm going to have to get back to those who PM'd me on prices and stuff. Sorry.

Just found out yesterday that we're looking at around $9,000 USD to fix our chimney, and I have a feeling insurance is going to fight it.

Comment

Quoth CalyCoRose View Post
                        Oh God! I want to smash things!

Clyde sent the list out to his gaming friends (there might be a war on some of the books - sorry guys!).

At least one has written, and I quote: "...it's a shame you're being forced to give up your gaming books."
                        Are you sure that's what he meant? I might word it like that it I thought you were getting rid of them due to space issues, or money needs, too. It may just be a poorly worded thought. <I hope!>

At any rate, good luck with the claim on the chimney. I hope it is something that is covered by the insurance.
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Geek King - wish I could interpret it that way, but the guy who sent the e-mail ... well, let's just say, your interpretation is not the way he'd think. The guy is smarmy and full of himself. Though he did say that Gen*Con has an auction every year that we could take our stuff to (the stuff that doesn't sell that is).

I'm still waiting for the insurance guy to call. I might call him on Monday if I don't hear back from him. I really hate this.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                            Are you sure that's what he meant? I might word it like that it I thought you were getting rid of them due to space issues, or money needs, too. It may just be a poorly worded thought. <I hope!>
                            Beyond her knowing him, wouldn't most of us, even as gamers, say it's a shame you have to give up your books if focusing on issues other than a significant other? Forced usually denotes third party intervention.

Which means the guy's a jackass, but there you go.

Think the insurance would at least pay part, CalyCo?
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth CalyCoRose View Post
                              Geek King - wish I could interpret it that way, but the guy who sent the e-mail ... well, let's just say, your interpretation is not the way he'd think. The guy is smarmy and full of himself.
                              Fair enough. I always default to the people who actually know the person in question when I do not. I just hate running across gamers in this day and age who still have their heads up their asses.

In a completely unrelated note, my gaming group keeps an inflatable mace and a couple of cut-in-half pool noodles around for people who say really dumb things, or for terrible pun-ishments. Just sayin'
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                              X