This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmm, ravioli

I tried my hand at making some ravioli today and it came out wonderfully! Used a basic pasta recipe, and for the filling I used minced chicken breast (cooked in advance), romano and parmesan seasoned with garlic, basic, oregano and thyme. None of them came apart when I cooked them and with a light alfredo type sauce they were delicious!
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Nomnomnomnomnomnom.....

Hungry now.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Thyme is an interesting addition. I think of it as being a french herb, rather than italian. I do love it. I'd like to make pumpkin ravioli. It seems like making dough and filling it would be difficult. Was it tricky?
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Great now I am starved, you are sharing that ravioli right?
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Do you ship?
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Homemade pastas are amazing! We do lots of different kinds over here. We're Italian, so it's like a requirement (lol). Yours sounds very yummy I love Alfredo best.

Food Lady, it's really not that hard, just long, but totally worth it.

Comment

Food Lady- as Slayer said, it's not difficult, it's just time consuming.

Make your filling. If it includes cheese, warm it just enough to melt the cheese so it sticks together. Pumpkin pie type filling sounds like it could be interesting. I saw a recipe for apple ravioli on Cupcake Project.

Make the dough. Let it rest for 15 minutes. Roll it out thin (this bit takes longest I think. It's very stretchy dough so it takes a bit to convince it to flatten out).

From here you can go a couple of ways. Cut circles with a cookie cutter or similar, or cut the dough into strips. I used a cookie cutter so it would be easy to match up edges.

Put a half teaspoon of filling in the middle of one circle, wet the edge, lay another one over and pinch it all round to seal the edges. Sealing the edges is very important. You don't want water getting into the filling when you cook the raviolis.

It was kind of neat to watch them puff up as the air inside the pocket expanded, but none of them popped or came apart at the edges.

Mytical: I regret to say none of the ravioli survived the night to be shared. I think the people who were my vic...er... taste testers... didn't want any of the evidence to be found.

Draggar: Um... probably not, it's very hard to find boxes big enough for me to fit into.
              Last edited by Kittish; 01-04-2012, 12:14 AM.
              You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Working...
              X