Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Game] [OOC] Into the Black (Firefly-verse)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it bad that I picture Mando having a strong resemblance to Danny Trejo?

Comment

who?

And your up early!
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth Exile View Post
        Quoth Sarlon View Post
        who?
        This guy:

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
          Exile and I discussed how Lizzie joined the crew, and this is what we came up with:

Lizzie is fired from her last job on Londonium and can no longer find work. She tries looking for work on Londonium, but her reputation precedes her, until she runs out of money and is about to be evicted. While doing so, she spends time in a club near her apartment and meets a handsome patron of the club she'd never met before, mutual seduction between Lizzie and the patron occurs. Afterwards she mentions she's about to lose her place and laments that despite medical degree she cannot find work. Patron mentions sometimes transport vessels need medics to patch up wounded in space where accidents have been known to occur with no other medical personnel within days of travel. After the patron leaves, she takes the idea and searches codex for possible job postings on travelling ships. Though she wants to stay on Londonium because of friends and lovers there, she feels she must do whatever it takes to not end up destitute. Replies to cortex post, meets crew member X (TBD, not captain) who has been authorized to handle hiring of medic. Crew member accepts Lizzie after trying to arrange vidconference with captain and being told to "handle it". (Wouldn't even read the resume.) Lizzie quickly grabs up belongings with help of crew. Later after having left atmo, set course, and contacted next port destination captain finally emerges to meet the crew's new medic. Lizzie "officially" meets Captain Zhan Cook, recognizing him as the patron that suggested she find work on a transport vessel.
          I was looking back over this and remembering we hadn't decided who the crew member was that interviewed her. I'd suggest our public relations expert Mando all things considered.

Comment

Quoth Exile View Post
            I was looking back over this and remembering we hadn't decided who the crew member was that interviewed her. I'd suggest our public relations expert Mando all things considered.
            That works for me. I'll go back and edit the post.
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Exile View Post
              Hahaha, Trejo's not Mando. Trejo would probably be Mando's uncle.

I don't have a visual aid for Mando yet.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

This will probably be my usual posting time. I don't get regular internet access at work during the week.

Comment

I hope you guy won't mind if I stalk your game- I love Firefly, but I suck at RPGS.

Comment

Quoth Ellain View Post
                    I hope you guy won't mind if I stalk your game- I love Firefly, but I suck at RPGS.
                    You sure you don't want to join? I can't speak for our storyteller but I'm sure he won't mind one more player. After all we are a bit short and the best way to learn is just to do it.

Comment

Quoth Ellain View Post
                      Quoth Exile View Post
                      You sure you don't want to join? I can't speak for our storyteller but I'm sure he won't mind one more player. After all we are a bit short and the best way to learn is just to do it.
                      Yes, this isn't so much an RPG as an Interactive Story. No fussing around with dice-rolling and that kind of thing.

And the crew could always use a fifth person of some kind. Just bear in mind that most of the crew are Core-worlders or Alliance-friendly. The game is set post-Big Damn Movie as well.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        And the crew could always use a fifth person of some kind. Just bear in mind that most of the crew are Core-worlders or Alliance-friendly. The game is set post-Big Damn Movie as well.
                        That having been said I think we could use a Browncoat or two to spice things up.

Comment

Any preference on character type? I'm leaning toward a fighter type, but could try for a hacker type instead. I've got a basic idea outlined and can tweak it either direction.

Comment

Do what you think you will have fun with. That is always the first rule with these games

Comment

Let's try this again- my cat erased this the first time I typed it out! Let me know what you think, please?

Name: Rowan Li
                              Planet of Origin: Osiris
                              Role: Security

Appearance: 5' 5", wiry, short blond hair, blue eyes, attractive in a forgettable way.

Personality: Quiet around new people, not shy, but cautious. Tomboy, loves anything physical. Even tempered, tends to see both sides in an argument. Usually dresses in tank tops and faded black cargo pants with combat boots.

Background: Rowan was raised in a middle class family with disinterested parents and an older brother, Marcus, who she adored. To get her out from underfoot, her parents enrolled her (and Marcus) in as many classes and activities as they could. Rowan naturally gravitated to the more physically oriented classes, and did particularly well in the martial arts classes.

When she was 11 and Marcus was 17, the war started. Their parents were staunch supporters of Unification, but Marcus rebelled and ran off to join the Browncoats. Without her brother there, Rowan got caught up in a bunch of delinquents and started to get into trouble. She was bound by law several times for minor infractions such as breaking curfew and fist fighting, but as a minor, she got off lightly. During this time, she learned street fighting.

When her brother returned and discovered he had been disowned, Rowan had to sneak around to see him. She managed to stay out of trouble with the law for almost a year; until Marcus didn't show up for one of their visits. She discovered he had been using drugs, and thanks to some friends, found out he had been going to a blackout zone. She searched for him, and found him dead of an overdose just before a patrol arrived. Due to her minor status and the situation, she was only sentenced to community service.

Her supervisor, Allan Ricket took a liking to her, and at the end of her sentence, got her a job at the private security firm he worked for. She did well in the training, and held that job (even qualifying for bodyguard work) until the company went under due to a string of misfortunes, including the theft of its own payroll.

Five Facts:
                              1) Hates recreational drugs with a passion.
                              2) Can't swim, and is mildly phobic.
                              3) Doesn't do well with extreme temperatures.
                              4) Is competent with handguns, but prefers hand to hand combat. Is good with knives, but hides this fact.
                              5) Can pass as a boy with little effort.

Comment

Looks cool to me

Even a possibility for tension. I figure Tucker wouldn't get along with her since she "lacks discipline" in his eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X